Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armenmagbitang
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,865
Message 1 of 3

Video TDR Failure

Hi. My laptop keeps getting BSODs. It says the culprit is "igdkmd64.sys". What can I do to fix this? My laptop's warranty just ended. Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,802
Message 2 of 3

Re: Video TDR Failure

hi armenmagbitang,

That igdkmd64.sys appears to be a an Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver (integrated graphics driver). It's possible that this file is corrupted which explains the bluescreen error that you're getting..

Things that you can try: 

1. Uninstall the Intel HD Graphics from Control Panel > Programs (reboot if necessary).

2. Open Device Manager and navigate to Display Adapters > Intel Graphics (right click) > Uninstall. If a prompt appears to delete the driver, put a check on "Delete the driver software for this device" and reboot if necessary.

delete driver.png

3. After the reboot, Windows will load the inbox  driver. Navidate to the lenovo website to download the appropriate driver for your model / OS and observe if you still get the same BSOD.

Lenovo Drivers and Download Page

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

armenmagbitang
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,789
Message 3 of 3

Re: Video TDR Failure

Hi neokenchi. Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that. My system is running windows 7 before but now windows 8+Linux. I encountered the same BSOD error on both devices plus this new error "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". Now I have dual boot linux in hope that I won't encounter this anymore but I still do. Help please? I have brought this system on a Lenovo Repair Center countless times but I still end up with this error. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors