cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhjung
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 1 of 6

Video problems with Y560 - screen is somewhat pixelated and not refreshing correctly

Configuration: Y560 - Win7 x64

Display driver: HD5730, version 8.752.0.0, dated 6/29/2010

Laptop started acting this way a couple of weeks, out of warranty period. Screen is somewhat pixelated, and when it attempts to draw the screen, it is slow and sometimes missing pieces of the picture. On refresh, it does draw the missing pieces.

Is this a display driver problem (I think I updated to the latest version) or is this a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rob

Highlighted
velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 329
Message 2 of 6

Re: Video problems with Y560 - screen is somewhat pixelated and not refreshing correctly

These are the latest drivers for your card if you don't have switchable graphics

rhjung
Paper Tape
Views: 317
Message 3 of 6

Re: Video problems with Y560 - screen is somewhat pixelated and not refreshing correctly

Thank you. Can you tell me how to verify if I have switchable graphics?

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 312
Message 4 of 6

I don't think there is switchable on your laptop, I was just making sure cause I know someone who tried to installing those drivers and it come up not compatible.

rhjung
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 5 of 6

Ok, thanks... I've updated the drivers and it didn't seem to make a difference. So, does this mean it is a hardware issue?

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 297
Message 6 of 6

Graphic artifact like pixelation usually is a hardware issue, but it could also be a resolution issue as well or drivers. The other day some guy was getting bad artifact while playing guys, (he only had intel graphics and posted a video) gave him this site to try updating Intel® Driver Update Utility site and it fixed it. You don't have intel graphics, but I would still try updating what you can, before ringing for tech support.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors