11-28-2017

IN

1 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 2

WIFI ADAPTER ISSUE Y50-70 only detects 2.4Ghz not 5Ghz

2017-11-28, 15:07 PM
                           I want to notify that my wifi adapter is not detecting 5Ghz bandwidth it detects only 2.4Ghz ,I am using Y50-70 Laptop (Lenovo) it is a high end gaming PC which has this feature and the hardware capability to detect 5Ghz bandwith.I Bought this laptop on 25/12/2014, i have been using this laptop ever since ,i was using this laptop in LAN to access internet for faster internet ,at certainty I started using the internet using WIFI ,but i came to notification that it only detects  2.4Ghz bandwidth,but this model and the WiFi adapter has the capability to detect 5Ghz bandwidth , i went to the lenovo service centers (Volta Technology Solutions in Chennai many times, but they are not rectify the problem clearly and they asked to mail to the customer care or to call. Please notify this mail as soon as possible and rectify the issue in the means of replacement of the WIFI adapter within the warranty period.

Laptop serial no : ########    Model no: 80EJ59431090

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.  Also attached image of laptop bill was removed for the owner's protection.  Please edit out personal information and the serial number if you wish to repost the image.  Thanks!

Options

11139 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6969 Signins

737654 Page Views

• Views: 737654
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: WIFI ADAPTER ISSUE Y50-70 only detects 2.4Ghz not 5Ghz

2017-11-28, 16:03 PM

Hi vinodhkumarl,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Checking on the parts lookup page, your WLAN adapter card is with part number 20200570 Cbt RTL8723BE 1x1BN+BT4 PCIE M.2 . Specification of this card only support operating channel at 2.4 GHZ.

If you are expecting a different WLAN card performing at 5GHz, then it would be best to call in the store to verify your purchased parts.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete