Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julia_co84
Paper Tape
Views: 8,255
Message 1 of 13

WILL ONEKEY RECOVERY DELETE ALL MY DATA? PLEASE HELP ! Ideapad z410

Hello!

My PC is not starting anymore, it says "Preparing repair..." and then nothing happens. It all started with the imposibility to empty the recyle bin and then I couldn't copy files to the drive F. The C drive and the D were ok.

Anyway, I have my laptop partitioned that way, three drives.C with the system, F where I have all my personal files and D is almost empty and not important.

They partitioned my drives like that at the store when I bought my laptop.

The very important question is, will onekey recovery delete everything? Including the D and F drive or just the C drive? I haven't backed up my files and I can't boot my computer to save them, so I really need some help with that.

I kept reading these forums here and some people say onekey only deletes C, other people say it deletes everything, so I am very confused.

Please advise!! Thank you!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,237
Message 2 of 13

Re: WILL ONEKEY RECOVERY DELETE ALL MY DATA? PLEASE HELP ! Ideapad z410

When you first had the unit with the stated partiitons, have you tried restoring to factory condition using OneKey  recovery?

The reason I ask the question is that afaik repartitioning and resizing is no no to onekey recovery.  That is it will no longer function.

julia_co84
Paper Tape
Views: 8,230
Message 3 of 13

Thank you for your reply.

The laptop was partioned when I bought it, before installing anything on it
or before having any files on it. If the one key recovery does work, will
it delete the other two drives?

Thank you
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,214
Message 4 of 13

@julia_co84 wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

The laptop was partioned when I bought it, before installing anything on it
or before having any files on it. If the one key recovery does work, will
it delete the other two drives?

Thank you

I would assume that the answer to my question is no, you have'nt tried it. Onekey works only with the two visible logical drive. In your case, I don't think it will work.

julia_co84
Paper Tape
Views: 8,211
Message 5 of 13

Yes. Sorry. You're right. I have never used onekey recovery till now. I tried it now and it brought me to the option of system recovery and asked me if I'm sure if I want to do it. I cancelled it, being afraid of having everything deleted. So if it'll work, will it delete the local drives?
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,207
Message 6 of 13

@julia_co84 wrote:
Yes. Sorry. You're right. I have never used onekey recovery till now. I tried it now and it brought me to the option of system recovery and asked me if I'm sure if I want to do it. I cancelled it, being afraid of having everything deleted. So if it'll work, will it delete the local drives?

To be clear, with three logical drive, Onekey will not work. Try selecting system recovery and you should be presented with options. What are they?

julia_co84
Paper Tape
Views: 8,205
Message 7 of 13

After selecting the system recovery it only asks me if I'm sure if I want to continue and if I say yes, they ask to plug the laptop in and then I didn't go any further, because again, I don't want to loose my files.

What should I do in the case of not being able to use onekey?

Thank you!
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,198
Message 8 of 13

@julia_co84 wrote:
After selecting the system recovery it only asks me if I'm sure if I want to continue and if I say yes, they ask to plug the laptop in and then I didn't go any further, because again, I don't want to loose my files.

What should I do in the case of not being able to use onekey?

Thank you!

Here is a test for Onekey. In Windows click the Onekey icon. Then select system backup. Just accept the default location but do take note of where it is located. See if it will do the backup.

julia_co84
Paper Tape
Views: 8,194
Message 9 of 13

Unfortunately, I can't start the PC to do that. It's on the "automatic prepair loop" followed by a black screen.

I've seen on forums that a lot of people complain about this exact same issue with Lenovo laptops. It's very frustrating.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,191
Message 10 of 13

@julia_co84 wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't start the PC to do that. It's on the "automatic prepair loop" followed by a black screen.

I've seen on forums that a lot of people complain about this exact same issue with Lenovo laptops. It's very frustrating.

Then do the backup by just copying your personal files and then test if OKR will restore your unit to factory condition or not.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors