Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamb_1803
Paper Tape
Views: 4,638
Message 1 of 3

WIndows 7 Home Basic download for Lenovo z580

I tried to recover my PC to factory settings using the CD's that I had created with OneTouch Recovery software. However the recovery failed - perhaps due to scratches in the disk. 

My laptop came with Windows 7 Home Basic (64 bit).

A question that I have is whether there is a way to get a copy of the OS (I have the serial key with me on a sticker pasted under the laptop). I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,609
Message 2 of 3

Re: WIndows 7 Home Basic download for Lenovo z580

hi Lamb_1803,

Welcome to the Forums.

As an alternative to the Recovery Discs that you created, have you tried pressing the OneKey Recovery button to restore the system?

If that doesn't work, your options are:

1. Call lenovo to obtain a copy of the recovery disc (recommended)

2. Create a Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc and use it to install Win7 Home Basic.

In an event that the disc is still not being read (possibly due to a defective ODD lens), consider creating a Bootable Windows 7 Installation USB Flash Drive to install the OS.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Lamb_1803
Paper Tape
Views: 4,576
Message 3 of 3

Re: WIndows 7 Home Basic download for Lenovo z580

hi neokenchi,

Thanks a lot for your help.. I have downlaoaded and successfully installed the OS by creating a universal insatllation disc. My laptop is running as good as new now. Thanks again! Have a nice day ahead Smiley Happy

Regards

Lamb

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors