Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PMcDallas
What's DOS?
Views: 1,980
Message 1 of 5

WOW! Great Support! Ideapad Y510 Display Hinge

One display hinge broke on my 2+ yr old IdeaPad Y510.  Couldn't open the laptop.  It was out of warranty, so I called Lenovo support to see how much it would cost to repair.  The answer?  Nothing, nada.  They were very friendly and helpful.  A shipping box arrived a few days later.  I mailed it (postage prepaid).  A week or so later, it's back and fixed.  Amazing customer service!  Quickly turned me from swearing I'd never touch a Lenovo again to being a customer for life.  I can't say enough about how great this experience was.

Retired Guru
Views: 1,962
Message 2 of 5

Re: WOW! Great Support! Ideapad Y510 Display Hinge

Hi PMcDallas,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum! Smiley Happy

Your post just made my day!

Very few people come here to post a positive experience, THANK YOU for doing so.

It's refreshing to read about Lenovo getting it right. I think they probably get it right more often than not, but you'd never guess that from just looking at the posts in this forum. I don't mean that as a criticism of this forum. A major purpose for it is to solve problems -- so that's what you see here, by and large. (If you're lucky you see the problem's solution as well. Smiley Tongue )

Your experience and reaction reminded me of my own first experience with Lenovo / IBM ThinkPad service. I'd purchased a used X60 that turned out to have its hard drive (including the restore partition) wiped. Luckily it was still under warranty. Service answered the phone very quickly, in native English, and knew exactly what I needed; they shipped me the restore CDs very quickly, at no charge. I remember thinking: "This is how it should be!" And being very glad I'd joined the ThinkPad "club". Naturally, a person gets used to this level of service very quickly. One of Lenovo's challenges is to maintain excellent service while remaining (or becoming) cost-competitive. I hope they can do it! For their sake and ours.

I guess I've run on long enough.

But wanted to say THANKS for taking the time to post your positive experience. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Frank

---------

Results of Your Ideal Business-Class Laptop survey, concluded 2009-07-29.

Did someone help you?
Say thanks! with a kudo.
Even better: Pay it forward, help someone else. Smiley Happy
Retired Guru
Views: 1,939
Message 3 of 5

@PMcDallas wrote:

One display hinge broke on my 2+ yr old IdeaPad Y510.  Couldn't open the laptop.  It was out of warranty, so I called Lenovo support to see how much it would cost to repair.  The answer?  Nothing, nada.  They were very friendly and helpful.  A shipping box arrived a few days later.  I mailed it (postage prepaid).  A week or so later, it's back and fixed.  Amazing customer service!  Quickly turned me from swearing I'd never touch a Lenovo again to being a customer for life.  I can't say enough about how great this experience was.

That is great man.. good to hear it.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Shores
Punch Card
Views: 1,927
Message 4 of 5

That's very reassuring.

Punch Card
Views: 1,814
Message 5 of 5

Not for Y710 owners!!!

Hinge is exactly the same, yet Lenovo refuses to pay for the defect.

Mine broke a few months after warranty and they are charging me saying that the problem only applies to the Y510.

I never abused my computer, it has never been dropped, and it was always taken cared for...

Hmmm. this Sucks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors