Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toes
Not applicable
Views: 626
Message 1 of 4

Want to install Windows 7

I recently bought a Z580 and do not like Windows 8.  I have given it several months and just don't care for it.

Being new to laptops, touch pads, Bluetooth for mouse, etc. I don't know what I need to download to get the unit up and functioning with new OS.

Could someone detail what I would need to download once I reformat?  And the source for the download?

Appreciate any help offered.  Thanks

Harry

Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 614
Message 2 of 4

Re: Want to install Windows 7

Hi Harry,

Welcome to Lenovo Community.
Have you tried one of the apps that makes Windows 8 look like Windows 7? Start8™ for Windows® 8 is very  popular. I think it is $4.99, but people who are using it seem to think it is worth it. Others in that article are free.

If you still want to downgrade to Windows 7, here are some things to consider as well as a link to the Microsoft Store for purchasing Windows 7: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417359,00.asp

I hope this helps.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
toes
Not applicable
Views: 590
Message 3 of 4

I read the article about installing W7 and my gosh it is way more complex pre windows 8.

I will try the start8 app and hope it make me happy enough to just move on.

I appreciate the response, thank you.

Harry

Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 580
Message 4 of 4

Yes, it is quite involved to install 7 after 8. 

I hope you like Start 8. It has been recommended by several of my friends. Let us know if I have answered your question by clicking the red "Accept As Solution" button.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors