Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narendrahc123
Paper Tape
Views: 632
Message 1 of 3

Warranty Issue with Lenovo 3000 y410 laptop

HI All,

I am new to this forum. I have bought a Lenovo 3000 y410 laptop on 31 Jan 2009. Now laptop is rejected from the Lenova service centres because it was manufactured on 19 Apr 2008 and sold late. As per my knowledge Warranty matters from purchase date and not the manufacture date. Please let me know whether there is any solution for this.

Thanks

Narendra

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 613
Message 2 of 3

Re: Warranty Issue with Lenovo 3000 y410 laptop

Narendra, welcome to the forum,

call service again and explain the situation. Offer to fax or e-mail them a copy of your purchase invoice and request that the "entitlemant team" be made aware of the situation.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

narendrahc123
Paper Tape
Views: 589
Message 3 of 3

Re: Warranty Issue with Lenovo 3000 y410 laptop

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the faster response.

I already did that. Here are the few email ID's which i contacted with the copy of invoice.

eservice@lenovowarranty.co.in

customercare@lenovowarranty.co.in

They didn't add any value to it except asking me to contact dealer. I agree that i need to contact the dealer in worst case as he has sold it to us. But none of them answered my question of policy related to end user. For a end user warranty starts from the date of purcahse. If the policy of Manufacturing date is present in between Dealer and the organization , they could have discussed this among themseleves to provide me a solution.  I couldn't understand why they redirected me to dealer and the kind of policy process maintained within the organization.

As all of the Lenova oraganization people were asking me to cotact the dealer, finaly i caught hold of dealer and he finally agreed to discus with Lenova regarding this and assured me to get a service for the complete year staring from 31 Jan 2009. I need to wait and watch what will happen further.

This kind of issues definitely leave a bad impression on the quality of service\product offered by any organization. Realy if there is such a manufacturing date policy , it is good to educate the end user through some documents which he recieves during the purchse (Still I have question in my mind -Why end user has to worry about manufacturing date regarding warranty instead of purchase date ????)  . 

Regards,

Narendra Babu H.C.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors