Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrshens
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,009
Message 1 of 1

Webcam Now Incompatible

Hello again, Everyone:

Long story short, I have a Y430 running W7 32 bit and yesterday afternoon, my webcam and EasyCapture software stopped working. Earlier that day, I did update Windows and even after a system restore to the day before yesterday and trying all of the solutions suggested on this forum by users experiencing similar problems, my cam is still not registering apparently.

I've tried un- and re-installing EasyCapture and Power Management and all the other options and zilch. I really would rather not have to go through the mess of re-installing my entire OS. If it helps, it was originally running Vista and whenever I would open the EasyCapture software (which was rare), it would give me an incompatibility prompt--but that didn't prevent it from working. I even tried to uninstall the updates but now I can't find them on my remove update list (even though other documentation shows they were downloaded). So...I'm kind of stuck. Again, I really don't want to have to go through and re-install my OS and all of that, nor do I want to spend $15 on a camera.

I have to say, with all due respect, that this is the last straw with this laptop. It has given me nothing but problems from the day it was shipped to me. From bad RAM chips to being improperly closed by the service center (which caused the hinge to break and later fray the video cable...twice) to a known battery issue that causes them to die after one year (it's a huge pain to have to jimmy my adapter cord to get a charge...and even then, it lasts 30 minutes at the most if I'm doing anything more intensive than writing or basic web browsing.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or knows what to do, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors