cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoosyDoosy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,792
Message 1 of 3

What Pre-Installed Software in Lenovo Y50 is Unnecessary?

I recently purchased a Lenovo Y50 from Best Buy, but have realized that it comes with a large amount of pre-installed software. As I'm mainly looking to use my Y50 for SC2, I'd like to strip the laptop of as many superfluous programs without incapacitating it. Can anyone give me help in identifying which programs are absolutely necessary for the Y50 to function and which are unnecessary / bloatware?

Here are two screenshots that overlap slightly. There's that much software. Smiley Tongue

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,780
Message 2 of 3

Re: What Pre-Installed Software in Lenovo Y50 is Unnecessary?

Better defer your plan until such time that you know what those programs are. What you can do at the moment is to disable those programs at startup.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,763
Message 3 of 3

Re: What Pre-Installed Software in Lenovo Y50 is Unnecessary?

Hello,

Len Blazer's suggestion to wait until you know what you might need is good. Having said that, if I were you I would download and run Malwarebytes Free version to see what it finds as a "Potentially Unwanted Program". Quarantine, but do not delete those until you can research to know if you really want them. Malwarebytes has various reasons for detecting those. If you need more information on specific files please post back here.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors