cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,150
Message 1 of 4

What is that key on the bottom of the notebook?

Jim,

If the correct version of Windows is used, the key on the bottom WILL work. Mine worked first try, and I know of several others who had it work first try.

For those concerned about the bios update- its only necessary for validating Lenovo's own OEM install of Win. 7. If you used your own copy the bios change isn't needed. Regardless, it should be taken care of with the disk they are sending. But if you are using your own Win. 7 install and are concerned about the bios, don't be...since you aren't using Lenovo's version, you don't need the bios upgrade.

Jim

Arkham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,124
Message 2 of 4

Re: What is that key on the bottom of the notebook?

@nhdiesel wrote:

Jim,

If the correct version of Windows is used, the key on the bottom WILL work. Mine worked first try, and I know of several others who had it work first try.

For those concerned about the bios update- its only necessary for validating Lenovo's own OEM install of Win. 7. If you used your own copy the bios change isn't needed. Regardless, it should be taken care of with the disk they are sending. But if you are using your own Win. 7 install and are concerned about the bios, don't be...since you aren't using Lenovo's version, you don't need the bios upgrade.

Jim

What is the correct version? I've tried using another copy of Win7 Home Premium and no luck with it. I'm not concerned with the OKR. I'd just like to get a permanent version of Win7, updates, and fine tune things for the work I bought it for in the first place.

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,055
Message 3 of 4

Arkham,

My version that I downloaded (I won't go into where...use your imagination) was labelled as "MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM X86 RETAIL ENGLISH DVD" but i believe its actually an RTM version. But if you look for the version listed as exactly what i have shown in quotes from a popular "download" site it should work.

Oh, and I had ordered 32 bit, and thats what i installed.

Jim

Arkham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 990
Message 4 of 4

@nhdiesel wrote:

Arkham,

My version that I downloaded (I won't go into where...use your imagination) was labelled as "MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM X86 RETAIL ENGLISH DVD" but i believe its actually an RTM version. But if you look for the version listed as exactly what i have shown in quotes from a popular "download" site it should work.

Oh, and I had ordered 32 bit, and thats what i installed.

Jim

Thanks,I needed to identify something more specific. Seems like Microsoft is making it a pain to use our legitimate copies. At some point I'm hoping to use this computer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors