cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sols01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,662
Message 1 of 5

What is the Safe Temperature range for CPU? GPU?

Basically what the title asks. I recently bought a y50-70 and the bottom of the laptop is hot to the touch. 

CPUID HWMonitor registers the idle as 50 degrees celcius while wathcing videos it goes to 60 and gaming it gets unbearably hot at 80? is that normal?

wikidest6666
Punch Card
Views: 1,642
Message 2 of 5

Re: What is the Safe Temperature range for CPU? GPU?

Yes that is normal. Just make sure it doesnt go past 90 degrees celcius. I have a lenovo y510p, and when gaming my temperatures go up to 80 degrees. Many people go up to 90 degrees while gaming, so you are safe. I would reccomend a cooling pad though, just to keep those temps down a little. Smiley Happy

sols01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,634
Message 3 of 5

I see. Im not sure about the battery palcement of the y510 but i know mine gets painfully hot. cannot use a "laptop" per say. I wish i could have removed it. Thats what i did on my old MSI.
wikidest6666
Punch Card
Views: 1,615
Message 4 of 5

are you sure it is the battery that is getting hot? or is is the cpu/gpu?

sols01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,600
Message 5 of 5

Well its the location where i assume the battery is located. Odd since posting this, my idle and normal usage average temperature has gone up to about 55-60 degrees. This has me concerned. I went and bout a cooling pad and it doesnt seem to help much. Its not burning my lap but i can definitely feel the heat still.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors