cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spamking98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,415
Message 1 of 37

What models of Y530 have the metal palm rest?

I just got off the phone with lenovo customer support sales and man all I wanted to know if a particular model y530 came with the aluminum palm rest. They have know idea waht hell I was talking about.. They directed me to technical support and they dont know either and then i talked with a supervisor and they are just as useless as the rest of them.. What are they good for.??? I thought the website was horibble but man the phone service is just as bad.. They just dont even know their own product... anybody else have a bad experience with the phone service..?
Moderator note: Post edited because of language used
Message Edited by JohnB on 02-12-2009 06:22 PM
Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-18-2009 10:33 AM
Retired Guru
Views: 3,412
Message 2 of 37

Re: Customer Support Sucks...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you read about the Y530 having an aluminum palm rest? Could you post the reference documentation?
Message Edited by ortegaluis on 02-12-2009 02:31 PM

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
spamking98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,404
Message 3 of 37

@ortegaluis wrote:
Where did you read about the Y530 having an aluminum palm rest? Could you post the reference documentation?
Message Edited by ortegaluis on 02-12-2009 02:31 PM

I was talking about the brushed metal palm rest. Customer service could not tell wether or not the Y530 - 40516EU came with it or not. I had a friend that pruchased a y530 and his model did not come with it. Thats all I wanted to know and man they gave me the run around. The supervisor put me on hold to check on it and next thing i know i hear the automated menu prompt again... I know the website needs some work but same goes for their phone service...This really changes mymind on purchasing another lenovo product especialy one that costs 1149.00, I would expect some kind of customer serivice. My friend was really dissapointed when he recieved his y530 and it didnt have the brushed metal palm rest and thats one of the many reasons why he bought it, but he dint want to hassle with the returns. I wish the website was more detailed on what model comes with what and not play this guessing game and hope that you get the model that you want. 

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 3,386
Message 4 of 37

the y430 i have seen all have a glossy plastic palm rest, what gave you the impression that the y530 had a brushed aluminium palm rest???
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,364
Message 5 of 37

spamking98 wrote:

I was talking about the brushed metal palm rest. Customer service could not tell wether or not the Y530 - 40516EU came with it or not. I had a friend that pruchased a y530 and his model did not come with it.

While ipbook doesn't have a model 4051-6EU listed, all the other Y530 4051 models are described as having the aluminum palmrest.

What about your friend's palmrest makes you think its palm rest is not aluminum?  Looking at the pictures and description in ipbook, I believe that it would appear black and not silver.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

spamking98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,361
Message 6 of 37

@lead_org wrote:
the y430 i have seen all have a glossy plastic palm rest, what gave you the impression that the y530 had a brushed aluminium palm rest???
Ive seen the y530 at frys and it had the brushed metal palm rest, and even in the video and pictures on the lenovo website... Someone else on this forum had a posting about this too.. that he purchased two y530's for him and his wife and one came with the brushed metal palm rest and the other didnt... so I am not the only one with this concern.. I dont know why you would bring up the y430 when I am talking about the y530..??? duh.. Man you guys really need to get it together.. Heres the posting: http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=ideaPad&thread.id=7245 
member: forums.lenovo.com/lnv/view_profile?user.id=28412_3";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true" target=_blank>fermolina  

Message Edited by spamking98 on 02-12-2009 05:21 PM
Retired Guru
Views: 3,353
Message 7 of 37

Without any proper documentation showing that the Y530 was advertised as having a brushed metal palm rest, there is no reason for Lenovo to give you any information on which models have such feature. If a product isn't up to your standards, you don't have to buy it.

Once again, post your reference documentation.

Message Edited by ortegaluis on 02-12-2009 05:43 PM

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
LavaIce
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,332
Message 8 of 37

Re: Customer Support Sucks...!!

While not related to your specific issue.  Lenovo Employee Knowledge and Marketing Materials do SUCK.  My experience with with a 89min phone call outlined here: http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=ideaPad&thread.id=8052 Was pleasant; friendly, polite, and effort, knowledge to anwser even a simple question as simple as does it support 1000Mbps network connections was non-existant.
spamking98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,334
Message 9 of 37

@ortegaluis wrote:

Without any proper documentation showing that the Y530 was advertised as having a brushed metal palm rest, there is no reason for Lenovo to give you any information on which models have such feature. If a product isn't up to your standards, you don't have to buy it.

Once again, post your reference documentation.

Message Edited by ortegaluis on 02-12-2009 05:43 PM

lenovo seems like a buy at your own risk type of company.. if this is what your trying to tell me.. You buy something because you expect whats showing on the website but you get something else because of the poor information about the product and then they tell you "if it isnt documented then your out of luck" . Asta la vista Lenovo   

Message Edited by spamking98 on 02-12-2009 06:38 PM
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,328
Message 10 of 37

spamking98 wrote:

and then they tell you "if it isnt documented then your out of luck"

Did you read my message above that pointed to where it's documented in ipbook?

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors