Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HawkeyeKid18
Punch Card
Views: 2,288
Message 21 of 37

Re: What models of Y530 come with metal palmrest

To tell you the truth, unlike other people, I was dissappointed to see that my Y530 came with the black palmrest. I was expecting the brushed metal. I spoke to the rep and he said that some of the higher end models of the Y530 only come with the brushed metal. I bought the cheapest Y530 sold at the time (mid-January 2009). Anyone willing to trade? has vista ultimate! lol
kitkat
Punch Card
Views: 2,278
Message 22 of 37

Hawkeyekid18 - Does your y530 have 2gb or 4gb?

I'm wondering if the following is true:

y530 w/ 2gb = brushed metal palm rest

y530 w/ 4gb = black palm rest

Someone in an earlier post said his 4gb y530 came with the black palm rest and his wife's 2gb y530 came with the black palm rest.  My friend's 4gb y530 came with the black palm rest and my 2 gb y530 came with the brushed metal palm rest.

Jane - thanks for providing that link.  I'll have to check it out when I have more time.

Maybe it'll comfirm or disprove the 2gb/ 4gb y530 theory above? 

spamking98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,226
Message 23 of 37

@mandrek wrote:

Here's a picture of my face when I opened up my laptop and saw it had a metal palmrest

Smiley Sad

Heres my face after I got off the phone with Lenovo customer support....  ::manmad:

Estlander
Paper Tape
Views: 2,208
Message 24 of 37

My y530 w/ 2gb came with black palm rest, which i like more anyway.
kitkat
Punch Card
Views: 2,200
Message 25 of 37

Update:

I spoke with a customer sales rep supervisor last Thursday.  She said she would look into my y530 issue and that someone would call me by this Monday (which was yesterday).  Still no call.   

Bottom Line:

Ordering from Lenovo is a buyer beware situation. 

This is an oversimplified example but ordering from Lenovo is like going to a restaurant and ordering a chicken sandwich (aka y530). No one working at the restaurant will be able to tell you whether the chicken will be fried (black palm rest) or grilled (brushed metal palm rest). In fact, all they can tell you is that it's a chicken sandwich that come with the following specs: buns, lettuce, tomato, mayo etc. (aka processor, memory, hard drive etc).  Whether your chicken sandwich comes fried or grilled is anyone's guess and you'll have to take what they give you because, let's face it, you already paid them and it will cost more time and money to get the one you want.

So, for anyone looking to buy the y530, be prepared that you will get either the black palm rest or the brushed metal palm rest. Check out the ipbook that Jane provided in the forum posts above.  And last but not least, be forewarned that customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  

spamking98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,195
Message 26 of 37

Thanks KitKat, 

Hopefully other potential buyers will read this before they pull the trigger on a Y530... and I think you have done a great job of summing this whole mess up, so that everyone understands.. :smileywink:

mandrek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,182
Message 27 of 37

Yep, I received a grilled chicken sandwich when I saw fried chicken showcased on the homepage.

This is a real shame.  My experience with Lenovo customer service echoes those of others here.  I've found the ipbook Jane posted to be right on with regards to model configurations which leaves me wondering why end users are the only people providing compelling customer support.  Maybe those on this thread caught the support staff during a bad couple of weeks or maybe it's just a sign of the times but I think Lenovo needs to do better. 

I bought my Y530 IdeaPad based on a reputation inherited from the IBM ThinkPad line of business laptops I use in the workplace.  While I can't complain about the quality of my IdeaPad, I also can't rationalize purchasing my next laptop from a company that doesn't back up a solid product line with equally solid customer support.

kitkat
Punch Card
Views: 2,145
Message 28 of 37

Thank you, SpamKing98.  

If I had known then what I know now about Lenovo customer service, I would have never purchased my ideapad.  No matter how great a product is, if the customer service is inadequate, it really tarnishes the brand.  I can't go back and change the past but going forward, I will tell others about my horrible experience with Lenovo.  Whether they invest in a Lenovo product is up to them but at least they won't be as caught off guard as I was and hopefully if enough people feel the same way as I do, maybe they'll be some changes in Lenovo customer service training. 

PS I still have not heard from the customer service supervisor nor have I heard from the sales person who handled my order. Again, people: BEWARE.  Once they have your money, that's it.    

HawkeyeKid18
Punch Card
Views: 2,113
Message 29 of 37

No, I have the 2gb.  Unfortunately...I'm really disappointed they didn't specify on the website which ones had it and which ones didn't
kitkat
Punch Card
Views: 2,092
Message 30 of 37

On top of all my frustration with Lenovo customer service... take a look at these images: 

That's the bottom of my Lenovo.  It CAME like this.  Can you believe it?    Anyone else seen something like this? 

http://Man Mad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors