cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshZ580
Paper Tape
Views: 777
Message 1 of 4

What temperatures are too hot for the Lenovo Z580?

I have downloaded a program that reads the temperature of my cores (SpeedFan 4.49) just to see how hot my Lenovo Z580 gets when i'm playing games. When i'm playing Resident Evil 6, my cores are reaching temperatures of around 100 degrees, which sounds like it could be a problem! (This is from playing on 1280x720 specs)

Can anyone please tell me what the normal temperatures of my CPU and GPU should be? And what is the maximum temperature that my CPU and GPU can get to before it starts becoming dangerous to my laptop?

Thanks very much!

Josh

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 767
Message 2 of 4

Re: What temperatures are too hot for the Lenovo Z580?

Try using other programs that shows cpu core temperatures and gpu temperatures. I use Hardware Info Monitor. You can get a general idea of the normal temps by not running games and videos temporarily. One determining factor that your unit is running at an exceedingly high temperature is the constant running of the built-in cooling fan. If this happen you do need some extra cooling like an external cooling pad.

JoshZ580
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for info, the program you suggested is better than the one I am currently using, but I still could do with knowing the maximum temperatures my CPU and GPU should be allowed to reach before it starts becoming a serious problem for the laptop. Thanks.
Highlighted
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 740
Message 4 of 4

@JoshZ580 wrote:
Thanks for info, the program you suggested is better than the one I am currently using, but I still could do with knowing the maximum temperatures my CPU and GPU should be allowed to reach before it starts becoming a serious problem for the laptop. Thanks.

For the cpu try to look at the manufacturer's website for the particular processor use in your unit. Usually the temp is given. For the gpu I can only provide you the link to an old knowledgebase of NVidia if that is your GPU.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors