cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,036

Question

I recently ordered Y550 with windows 7 Home premium. However i didn't get the Windows 7 DVD along with it nor did i get any softwares CD's. How should i restore / reinstall my genuine Windows 7 if in case the need arises without the DVD?

Answer

In the PC industry now, Windows CD or we call it recovery CDs, recovery media, recovery disc,  has much moved away from providing it together with machine during delivery. To know more about it, you can refer to this blog Making Your Own Recovery CDs posted by Matt Kohut back in year 2007.

At the present time, you have to make a set of recovery CDs that will include Windows 7 in it. Recovery disc should be made once you receive your machine. Recovery media can only be created on a Windows Preload system.

In order to create recovery CDs for Idea and Valueline/Essential system, please refer to this knowledge base articleHow to create "Factory Default Recovery Disc" with OneKey Recovery. The software used for creating recovery disc is called OneKey Recovery.

For commercial products such as ThinkPads, you can check out this tip: Creating Recovery Media in Windows 7 published in our support site. The software used for this process is called Lenovo ThinkVantage Tools.

Alternatively, you can purchase a recovery media by calling our service/support centre.

Was this information helpful?