cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiggerer
Punch Card
Views: 441
Message 1 of 2

What to do when recovery disks don't work after resizing the drives?

Hello all you fine helpers of the world,

My daughter dropped her Y510 and when she went to do the recovery after finally receiving the recovery, driver and facial recon. software she can't get passed BIOS I had thought that she had reached the safe mode but she can't get passed there either it asks what she wants to do, like change the language or go to the last good config or command prompt but she can't get to any of these options! I think because the last time Lenovo was in her computer and because it lost the boot sector and they changed the size of her drives I kinda get the feeling that the recovery partition is now gone and even with the recovery disk there isn't anywhere to boot to. Has anyone else out there with a Y510 had this problem cause she really needs to get the current files off of her lap top as she is in University and has two address's and hasn't had her external drive around during her practicum so she hasn't done a back up since last November, so not much help there not to mention its a low end external drive so there is no recovery on it if it was able to back up a Vista Operating system. If the boot sector is gone and the recovery partition is gone where do I go from here keeping in mind that we want to rescue her files before most likely having to reinstall Vista Home Premium. My daughter is shipping it back to Dad tomorrow so any help you fellow Lenovo fans out there can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and trouble.

Tiggerer

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 408
Message 2 of 2

Re: What to do when recovery disks don't work after resizing the drives?

if you make any changes on volumes, one key recover will stop working, and it already did.

it's the best way to restore your harddisk to default ( factory ) by lenovo.

next time, don't make any changes on your volume, burn factory backup dvd immediately, try to use one key recover to fix system issues, and if you have to make clean install, backup your datas to dvd or external hdd or usb.

( you can also use d: volume for personal documents )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors