cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ_Mean_Al
Not applicable
Views: 150
Message 1 of 8

Where can I buy a GENUINE Lenovo Battery for an IdeaPad Z50 Series?

Dear All,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 machine, purchased in 2014, which now needs a new battery.

I do NOT want some cheap Chinese knock-off - I want an ORIGINAL lenovo part.

Yet... can I find one... ANYWHERE??? NO - not a hope - some white version of L12M4E01 from Germany, but no hope of a black one.

The part number that I require is apparently 121500172. I have now spent DAYS looking online, and all I get is dodgy Chinese site after dodgy Chinese site.

I just don't have time for this rubbish. Where can I buy a genuine Lenovo OEM part?!

Regards

ThatsSoTimur
Not applicable
Views: 84
Message 2 of 8

Re: Where can I buy a GENUINE Lenovo Battery for an IdeaPad Z50 Series?

Have you tried this site? https://www.conrad.com/p/lenovo-laptop-battery-replaces-original-battery-121500173-121500172-5b10k10.... It's hard to find origina batteries online but the best thing to do is buy another laptop that is listed for parts and use it's parts to repair the other

JDGillis
Not applicable
Views: 129
Message 3 of 8

You can find some of the original Lenovo batteries online by using one of the several part numbers in the list pictured below, but depending on the date of manufacture, they may have been in storage for some time, and many not be in better condition that a newer generic battery from somebody like http://www.battdepot.com/uk/model/notebook+battery/lenovo/z50-70+59436264/lln232.aspx 

Note: Check with them to ensure the battery I linked above is actually the correct one for your laptop    

Lenovo did not make their own batteries, they bought them from several Chinese and Korean manufacturers too, So what I look for is someone that uses quality lithium Ion cells, has a good warranty, will stand behind them, and is reachable if I need them, and Battery Depot has been around since 2004, offers a one year warranty, and they have an office in Newcastle(NE29) in the UK.

Best of luck.

capture.jpg

Highlighted
ranielo
Not applicable
Views: 107
Message 4 of 8

Buy directly from the Lenovo website to ensure that you will getting a genuine battery.

JDGillis
Not applicable
Views: 95
Message 5 of 8

Unfortunately there are none available from Lenovo or Encompass.

DJ_Mean_Al
Not applicable
Views: 72
Message 6 of 8

Hello JDG,

That looks like a good site - I will take a look.

Many thanks for your advice!

Best Regards

Alan
DJ_Mean_Al
Not applicable
Views: 72
Message 7 of 8

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

It does look as if the 'Conrad' site has genuine batteries in stock, so I will give them a try.

Thank you!

Alan

JDGillis
Not applicable
Views: 59
Message 8 of 8

I have not heard of Conrad before, but if they have new original batteries that is great.     I would, however, ask them about the date of manufacture, and if it is over 4 years ago, I would be a wee bit leery.    Personally I would want cells not older than two years.

Cheers,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors