Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
servarius
What's DOS?
Views: 2,661
Message 1 of 3

Where can I request a repair? Lenovo Y40-80

Hello

I ordered a laptop with an AMD Radeon R9 M275 about 2 years ago. I used it for heavy gaming, watching youtube videos, etc. I didn't have much problems with it except some of my keyboard keys (ctrl to be exact) just stopped working. Recently, it seems that the graphics card died or just "not respond" which results in a constant repeat of screen flickering in attempt to restart the display adapter. I have attempted to uninstall and install the drivers and it worked... for 2 months. The GPU is now flickering as it was before and I even tried a fresh install of windows, with no success.

I decided to request an out of warranty repair, as I have searched it up and there were results of people succeeding. When I create a ticket, it brings me to the home page with "Recommended support options" and my out of warranty laptop.

Now, I have two question

Can I  request a repair for an out of warranty laptop? if so how?

How much would it cost me to get the laptop repaired?

Guru
Views: 2,625
Message 2 of 3

Re: Where can I request a repair? Lenovo Y40-80

Lenovo usually repairs out of warranty products (in my experience), and they usually charge a deductable diagnosis amount. For repair options, contact Lenovo support by phone: 1-877-453-6686 and they'll give you all the details. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Rexny
What's DOS?
Views: 2,553
Message 3 of 3

Re: Where can I request a repair? Lenovo Y40-80

I actually have this exact problem with my y40-80, which is frustrating as a programmer...  Both my ctrl keys have ceased to stop working completely (before it was intermittent), and my screen flickers when the battery drops to around 50% life.  The screen I can deal with, but the ctrl keys are infuriating.  Additionally, I already had this laptop serviced once when I first got it due to a faulty keyboard... then serviced a SECOND time due to keyboard again being faulty (ctrl keys...).  I was hoping this machine would keep up for at least a couple more years... but at this rate I'm not sure what to expect.   

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors