Options

19 Posts

06-16-2015

USA

72 Signins

348 Page Views

• Views: 348
  • Message 1 of 13

Where do I download Lenovo Y50 Onekey Recovery, Lenovo Settings. "Lenovo updates", Lenovo Companion?

2015-08-10, 20:18 PM

Hi everybody i hope you are all doing great.

Laptop Details:

Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop (Lenovo) 20378

4720hq

512ssd

960m

16gb ram

I made a clean install to my lenovo laptop so I lost some essential applications that came with my laptop. I installed almost all the drivers and apps at lenovo driver support download page without problems but i could not find some of lenovo apps that came in my laptop when i bought it and I really need them. The only one available in the driver download page were Lenovo energy manger.

The most importants for me that i need are lenovo onekey recovery app and lenovo updates.

For onekey recovery I only need the app, not the files to restore the whole partition, because the recovery partition is intact, I did not format it. So I only need the app that opens it.

Th apps I want to get back are:

1. Lenovo Onekey Recovery app - The one I am more interested in.

2. "Lenovo Updates' (lenovo updates is the name of the app) The scond one im am more interested in.

3. Lenovo Settings

4. Lenovo companion

If someone can guide me to where to download each of them, it would be great.

I would need for windows 8.1 64 bit or windows 10.

Thank You, I hope you can help me.

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Where do I download Lenovo Y50 Onekey Recovery, Lenovo Settings. "Lenovo updates", Len

2015-08-10, 22:23 PM

Go to the Windows Store and do a search on "Lenovo."   You will find almost all the apps you need are available there.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

19 Posts

06-16-2015

USA

72 Signins

348 Page Views

• Message 3 of 13

Re: Where do I download Lenovo Y50 Onekey Recovery, Lenovo Settings. "Lenovo updates", Len

2015-08-10, 22:30 PM

Hi Majectic, thats what I did before, but the ones in the windows store are very different than the ones that comes with the lenovo laptop. The ones available in the window store are lenovo companion and lenovo settings and they are not the same as the original ones and more problematic to use.

Also the Onekey recovery is not there, in which is the one that I am more interested in.

Thank You for your support

Options

69 Posts

03-21-2015

US

164 Signins

1391 Page Views

• Views: 1391
  • Message 4 of 13

2015-08-11, 2:25 AM

wrote:

Hi everybody i hope you are all doing great.

Laptop Details:

Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop (Lenovo) 20378

4720hq

512ssd

960m

16gb ram

I made a clean install to my lenovo laptop so I lost some essential applications that came with my laptop. I installed almost all the drivers and apps at lenovo driver support download page without problems but i could not find some of lenovo apps that came in my laptop when i bought it and I really need them. The only one available in the driver download page were Lenovo energy manger.

The most importants for me that i need are lenovo onekey recovery app and lenovo updates.

Th apps I want to get back are:

1. Lenovo Onekey Recovery app - The one I am more interested in.

2. "Lenovo Updates' (lenovo updates is the name of the app) The scond one im am more interested in.

3. Lenovo Settings

4. Lenovo companion

If someone can guide me to where to download each of them, it would be great.

I would need for windows 8.1 64 bit or windows 10.

Thank You, I hope you can help me.

yea, please post if you can actually find these especially the One Key Recovery. There is a thread on making a pendrive to be able to re-install the one key recovery but to me that thread is contradictory and confusing.  Perhaps if one made a backup of the D Drive they would be on the drive?  I'm wondering if I do the windows 10 update if I will lose my One Key Recovery or not. I have not found a clear answer.

You may be able to contact Lenovo Support and perhaps be able to buy recovery media, I'm not certain though since the OS is embedded in the UEFI and the recovery is in a hidden partition of the HDD.  This is one of many things that I dislike about Lenovo.

Also wonder if the Win 10 update will fix the mustard tinted yellow or if I have to resort to sending them my unit. hummm guess I will find out.

Good luck and please post if you get an answer!!

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 5 of 13

2015-08-11, 15:21 PM

wrote:

Hi Majectic, thats what I did before, but the ones in the windows store are very different than the ones that comes with the lenovo laptop. The ones available in the window store are lenovo companion and lenovo settings and they are not the same as the original ones and more problematic to use.

Also the Onekey recovery is not there, in which is the one that I am more interested in.

Thank You for your support

What you are probably seeing with the Apps from the Windows Store is they might be newer versions than what you were use to.  I know when I updated my Apps from the Store they were different and tended to produce an error in regards to the Lenovo Dependency Package.  I wound up uninstalling the App, installing the recommended Dependency Package and re-installing the App.

As for the One Key Recovery, I was unable to find a download available for your model.  Depending on how you did your clean install of Windows, the One Key Recovery partition which the downloaded software uses may no longer be servicable. Then you will have to attempt a repair of the One Key Partition as the other poster mentioned.

Recovery disks are also available from Lenovo if that is of interest. Please see my link below for more informatio......

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht035659#purchase

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

12 Posts

08-03-2015

India

24 Signins

354 Page Views

• Views: 354
  • Message 6 of 13

2015-08-11, 15:45 PM

lenovo setting is available in lenovo site download driver ---select option utility 

let me know if this is helpful

lenovo Y50-70 win 10 home sl
Options

19 Posts

06-16-2015

USA

72 Signins

348 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2015-08-11, 16:29 PM
For onekey recovery I only need the app, not the files to restore the whole partition, because the recovery partition is intact, I did not format it. So I only need the app that opens it.
Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 8 of 13

2015-08-11, 16:50 PM

wrote:

Since you only need the app try downloading it from here.

Options

69 Posts

03-21-2015

US

164 Signins

1391 Page Views

• Views: 1391
  • Message 9 of 13

2015-08-11, 20:48 PM
Majestic: I wish I knew about that recovery drive option BEFORE updating. Question: if I perform the creation of the recovery drive post Windows 10 update, will it still create the One Key Recovery data to restore to factory? I'm not certain if all my partitions were left intact or not as I upgraded last night but it "appears" that all is intact.

I just finished creating the recovery flash drive and it "appears" to be a one key recovery type drive as it even has a file labeled " Boot.okr" and a whole bunch of files I have no idea what they are. I just do not know if this would factory restore to as it was out of the box, with 8.1 or the current OS Win 10. Any ideas?

And about that "OKR App", that link for that app states it is for a Y510 or some other model not the Y50. Would it still work?

I'm not even sure if I need that. My Win 10 update has so far seemed to go pretty darn smooth but I still like having the luxury of having restore CD or in this case a restore USB Flash and if this does what I hope it does, then I am golden, ?
Options

12 Posts

08-03-2015

India

24 Signins

354 Page Views

• Views: 354
  • Message 10 of 13

2015-08-11, 21:01 PM
@matrixxzero I upgraded win 8.1 to win 10 and after that I create recovery drive and on using recovery drive it rest my pc to factory setting ie win 8 but not win 10
lenovo Y50-70 win 10 home sl
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete