Did you mean: 
cruzerkk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,137
Message 1 of 1

Which internal HDD to buy for my lenovo z580

Hi,

I ran into this issue a few days back.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Random-shutdown-and-PXE-E61-and-PXE-M0F-err...

I searched for solutions all over the web and was'nt able to resolve the issue so i took my laptop to 'the guy' and he diagnosed a Hard Drive failure and asked for my Internal HDD to be replaced. 

I was fine with it until i heard his quotation for a replacement Hard Drive (Seagate or Toshiba) which would cost me a bomb. So i decided i'l come back home and check if i can do it myself for cheaper. And i found that if i could do it at home it would be significantly cheaper and also replacing the Internal Hard Drive is no rocket science. 

I now know how to replace the Internal HDD after going through various forums and youtube videos. 

What i don't know is which are the alternate HDDs which will be compatible with my z580. 

I somehow managed to pull out a few 500gb HDDs which i think might suit my Laptop. 

I want some suggestions as to whether these would be compatible with my Lenovo Ideapad z580. If yes, then which would be the best or are there any better (500 gb) models out there. 

If no, where am i going wrong and could you suggest a suitable replacement.

Here are the Hard Drives which i think will work : 

1)  Seagate (ST9500423AS Momentus 7200.4) 500gb SATA Laptop Hard Disk.

2)  Seagate Momentus (ST500LT012)

3)  Western Digital WD5000LPVX 

4)  Toshiba - PH2050U-1I54

5)  Toshiba MQ01ABD050 500 GB 

6)  Samsung Spinpoint M8 500gb (ST500LM012)

Are any/all of the above compatible with Lenovo z580. Any better/cheaper alternatives are most welcome.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors