Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 102
Message 1 of 1

Window 10 Upgrade on a Z70-80 Sucessful but two functions lost. FYI

My upgrade was smooth surprisingly. I had check the MS Report prior to approving the install. No programs flagged as incompatible all green checkmarks so that looked good. I had previously downloaded all the relavent Win 10 specific updated I'd need and had them in one directory for quick access to run afterwards.

FACTS: (Verified by Tech Support after much hunting that day)

- Veriface Pro is not compatible and gets removed

- There is no Veriface Pro for Windows 10 (something said about this hardware) and won't run so its a lost functinality I dearly miss!!!

- Lenovo Settings lost adjusting the Camera while other areas in this utility are working such as swapping F keys for Fn keys as a default.

The was some pop up messages from MS Win 10 about Dolby not compatible and was dumped to prevent corruption. Although the entire process incurred a dozen restarts at least it appears to be running but not throughly tested. I appeared MS installed updates itself but I wasn't sure and ran the Lenovo packages anyway.

Items such the card reader, HDMI, headphone jack haven't  been used yet but I don't expect any problems. I am running Nvidia 365.xx package which was install directly from Nvidia prior to the upgrade. Its still in effect.

Since there are no othe biometric inputs like a finger scanner. The loss of camera based equivalent Veriface Pro is a big hit for me. I certainly they get this back and working on the Windows 10 64bit system.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors