Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThePhenom
Paper Tape
Views: 31,498
Message 1 of 9

Windows 10 clean install and lenovo utility

I performed a clean install of windows 10 (pro) on my y50, installed all drivers but the lenovo utility app lenovo provides for windows 10 doesn't start after installing.

This is a very important application for me and without it i'd probably roll back to windows 8.1 so any help is greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
-Payam-
Blue Screen Again
Views: 31,421
Message 2 of 9

Re: Windows 10 clean install and lenovo utility

I'm having the exact same issue here with the Y50 4K. Did you upgrade using the Windows 10 upgrade tool? or did you get the official automatic update? Because in my case I waited a couple of days and I didn't receive the update so I decided to use the upgrade tool and did a clean install. But now the interface seems laggy but it runs just fine on my 5 year old laptop that I upgraded through the automatic upgrade.... I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have upgraded manually because it doesn't make sense that my 5 year old laptop runs smoother than my Y50.

ThePhenom
Paper Tape
Views: 31,418
Message 3 of 9

I upgraded manually, however this is the only issue i have, everything else is perfect.
-Payam-
Blue Screen Again
Views: 31,415
Message 4 of 9

For example the 3 finger gestures are not very responsive, sometimes i have to try a couple of times before it works. same thing with my virtual desktops and animations in general are laggy...

ThePhenom
Paper Tape
Views: 31,482
Message 5 of 9

After some more searching, i found the correct installation i needed.

Source.

arasheed
Paper Tape
Views: 30,726
Message 6 of 9

G 5080

This forum helped me to find solution to the above problem. Thanls

Abdul Rasheed

arasheed
Paper Tape
Views: 30,716
Message 7 of 9

I downloaded LENOVO UTILITY and Installed But nothing happened How does it work ? Can sombody help?

arasheed

krugozor
Paper Tape
Views: 27,600
Message 8 of 9

arasheed, I wanted to ask the same. It is strange that it is not explained anywhere what does Lenovo utility does, but it is in download page for your laptop. I just guessed about what is it for.
Lenovo utility does not appear in Start menu after installation, but it is installed in C:/Program Files/Lenovo/LenovoUtility. As you can see, in taskbar you have "Lenovo Utility" which is utility.exe. It just adds pop up windows when you press Caps Lock or Num Lock, like in Linux Mint cinnamon.

Emil_26
What's DOS?
Views: 3,094
Message 9 of 9

I have the same problem when i had to reinstall a clean windows 10. I spent a lot of time and effort just to research how to download or update to have this Lenovo utility. Heres the answer to the problem that made me sleepless 

- go to microsoft store

- click search

- type "Lenovo Utility"

- install it and thats it

Fix to the function keys not working perfectly and missing on screen indicator. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors