Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-06-2014

Canada

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 6

Windows 7 Drivers not signed for z710

2014-01-06, 2:11 AM

I've been trying to downgrad my z710 to Windows 7.  Everything works fine except for the audio drivers and the Lenovo energy management driver (which incidentally you need to download the window 8 version since the windows 7 version is actually another copy of the audio driver...)

I've tried everything to get the driver to load including someof the fishier disable signing stuff.  I'd rather have a set of properly signed drivers.  Does anyone have any signed drivers or know how to bring this up to Lenovo to fix?

Thanks

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2014

Canada

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 7 Drivers not signed for z710

2014-01-08, 22:21 PM
THANK GOODNESS!! Someone with the same problem as me

I've been fighting this issue for the last week. I've spoken to Hardware tech support, who refers me to Software tech support. Software tells me that "software issues are not covered under your warranty and thus you need to pay for a Premium Service plan in order to get assistance". WHAT?!! I don't want help installing my antivirus, I want them to post signed drivers!

If you manage to find a signed driver, or get an actual response out of Lenovo, please post back!

I'd heard such good things about Lenovo, but if I cannot get this sorted by the end of the week, I will be returning my PC and buying another brand.
Options

3 Posts

01-06-2014

Canada

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 3 of 6

2014-01-08, 22:27 PM
I went through the same endless loops that you did. I did manage to get the premium software guys to look into it without asking for money but their reply was - wait for it....

Use the leave feedback button on the driver page to tell the webmaster what the problems are....

I did. If I hear anything back from them I'll update this post.
Options

3 Posts

01-08-2014

Canada

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-01-08, 22:31 PM
I was afraid of an answer like that. I'd probably have lost my sh*t on the guy.

I suppose I will be repeatedly filling out the feedback form on the website until they fix the issue.
Options

3 Posts

01-08-2014

Canada

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2014-01-20, 21:04 PM

I have a solution, though it isn't ideal.

I filed a BBB complaint after feeling like I'd gotten nowhere. A few days after filing the complaint I was contacted by a "Customer Advocate, Executive Customer Relations", Craig S. (******@lenovo.com). I detailed the problem to him, and was ultimately offered the solution I requested in my complaint - a refund.

While I was playing email tag, I had done some research into running unsigned drivers, and while we shouldn't have to with a brand new PC, I have managed to get the sound driver running by disabling driver signing. I used this tool:

http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo

I enabled test mode, and also signed the "C:\windows\system32\drivers\stwrt64.sys" file, though I'm not sure if the second part was necessary. After rebooting, I had sound!

Since I was able to get it running, we decided against proceeding with the refund (weeks out of a laptop, having to shop all over again, reinstall software, etc), but you could likely get one if you wanted to. My rationale for the refund was that Windows 7 is advertised on the driver page, thus I was under the impression the advertised drivers would work.

Best of luck, aamorim! 

Moderator note: full name of Lenovo employee removed per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Options

1 Posts

01-27-2014

Slovenia

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 6 of 6

2014-01-27, 13:01 PM
Hi!

SOLVED - Audio driver for Lenovo Z710 Windows 7 not signed, not working!!

I used Win7 64bit driver for Lenovo IdeaPad S500. Give it a try.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS037185.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms