Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theslickdork
Paper Tape
Views: 1,005
Message 1 of 4

Windows 7 Upgrade Order - Runtime Error

Hi I just got a Lenovo Ideapad 550 and I was trying to get the free upgrade to Windows 7 online. I always reached step 4 where it asked for the specifics of my laptop. After I input this data and click "Add to Cart", I am linked to a Runtime Error page.

"

Server Error in '/LenovoWindows7Upgrade' Application.

Runtime ErrorDescription: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

"

I'm not sure if this is a problem that is a result of my own internet or computer, or if it was a problem with the Lenovo website. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can get my Windows 7 upgrade? Thanks.

flyingmouse
Paper Tape
Views: 970
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Order - Runtime Error

I don't think W7 is free anymore. Am I wrong?

theslickdork
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 3 of 4

Well, I bought the laptop within the allotted time period to be allowed a free Windows 7 Upgrade so it should still be available all the way until some day in January of next year I believe.

max7
What's DOS?
Views: 883
Message 4 of 4

Per lenovo website anyone buying before 01/31/2010 is eligible for the "free" upgrade for a cost of $17.04.

I am seeing the same error. Tried on my another laptop and same error.  I purchased a Y450 ideapad last week.

Loosing my faith in Lenovo...had multiple issues with wifi connection...had to uninstall their custom software. Still keep loosing my internet connection once in a while. It switches to "local access" from "local and internet" as seen in the status bar.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors