cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waltermh
Paper Tape
Views: 866
Message 1 of 5

Windows 8.1 on Z510 Fn+ Function keys doesnt work and I dont see any Lenovo to make them work again

This computer came with FreeDos and I had to buy a retail windows, so it wasnt custom set for the laptop and when I go to Lenovo driver page for Z510, the only driver in the touchpad and keyboard page is the touchpad drivers.

Nothing for the keyboard.

So what am I missing? Where can I go to turn on those extra function keys?

By the way, I did check in BIOS and hotkeys is turned on.

JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 860
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows 8.1 on Z510 Fn+ Function keys doesnt work and I dont see any Lenovo to make them work ag

make sure chipset and everything is installed off lenovo driver page Smiley Happy one of them should be part of fn + keys Smiley Happy
waltermh
Paper Tape
Views: 858
Message 3 of 5

Re: Windows 8.1 on Z510 Fn+ Function keys doesnt work and I dont see any Lenovo to make them work ag

Yes, I did everything except the intel and Nvidia graphic drivers, but I am also formating and reinstalling windows to make sure its not a botched windows install

I will post an update if I still have a problem later tonight but if anybody has ever had the problem, any known solutions are useful since I havent seen anything related asked bfore except for people wanting to disable the hotkeys Smiley Tongue

waltermh
Paper Tape
Views: 827
Message 4 of 5

For some reason function keys started to work on their own. I dont know why, but happy for that.

waltermh
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 5 of 5

Apparently I had a motherboard problem and its all fixed now thanks to the repair center I went to.

Top Kudoed Authors