Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrisonframe
Paper Tape
Views: 5,887
Message 1 of 6

Windows 8 Upgrade - Unknown Devices

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my Lenonvo Z580 from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

Before I upgraded, I ran the compatibility wizard and the only things it told me wouldnt be compatible is a couple of pieces of software I had installed.

Since the upgrade, there are a few things showing in the Device Manager under Other Devices that are unknown. I have installed everything from the Drivers section on the Lenovo site but they are still showing.

Bluetooth Peripheral Device

5 x Unknown Devices

USB2.0-CRW

Im guessing the last one might be my SD Card Reader as I have just tried to use it and it didnt work. This is what prompted me to check the Device Manager in the first place.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Harrison

harrisonframe
Paper Tape
Views: 5,886
Message 2 of 6

Re: Windows 8 Upgrade - Unknown Devices

Ok, a little update.

I have now uninstalled a piece of software that I was using called Splashtop.

This has removed the 5 Unknown Devices but the Bluetooth Peripheral Device and USB2.0-CRW are still showing.

Alelanza
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,867
Message 3 of 6

I had similar trouble while i was in win8 for a couple of hours, i installed everything from the downloads website for the z580. My only advice is that for the energy management thingy it seems you need to install the win7 version (i didn't do it but others on here told me that's the way to go)

harrisonframe
Paper Tape
Views: 5,840
Message 4 of 6

Wow, thanks!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

That worked for my SD Card Reader.

I guess now i just gotta work out what the Bluetooth Peripheral Device is and find the driver for that. I cant think what it would be as my Bluetooth is working fine.

ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 5,830
Message 5 of 6

Hey guys lenovo recommends a clean install of windows 8 on idea pad machinesSmiley Tongue

read this:

http://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/windows8/upgrade/ideapad/index_en.html

And CAn get all drivers from lenovo china website....use chrome to translate the pageSmiley Tongue

http://support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Driverdownload.aspx?SearchType=1&LogicType=0&Machin...

hypnos_iii
What's DOS?
Views: 2,465
Message 6 of 6

i have had this problem since my upgrade from w7 to w8 pro...most of my drivers dont work..first the generic bluetooth adapter shows a code 43 and windows has stopped the device from working.and the also the pci simple communications controller shows a code 28,the usb 2.0 crw has the same yellow caution mark thing..im currently on a windows 8 pro os.running on my g580...could someone please help me out.im really clueless...thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors