Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sniper-H12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 765
Message 1 of 4

Windows 8 deleted

Hi,
I have ideapad Y500 with windows 8 original and no disc recovery and I made a mistake by changing the partition size and things go wrong with windows 8 lead to not work properly, in one way or another the windows had been deleted and I am asking if there is any way to retrieve the original windows 8? And if another recovery made by other same laptop model would work and retrieve it may by.
Please answer
many thanks.

billbaker_7
Punch Card
Views: 736
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 8 deleted

Hello had same issue. If you get the OEM iso and re install the key should register automatically because its flashed into BIOS. Once you can pull windows back up use a key extraction program to find your OEM key. Here is link for instructions: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2328-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows...

Hope that helps!!!

Sniper-H12
Fanfold Paper
Views: 409
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

every thing was good but the installation was completed the install windows showd and still each time the system restart and not accept to go to the "Personalize" what should i do?

Click image for larger version

billbaker_7
Punch Card
Views: 394
Message 4 of 4

Make sure that after installation from either USB/DVD that you goto the BIOS and change your boot sequence to Primary HDD/SDD first. Usually restoring to default setting will do the trick.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors