Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan-in-TX
Punch Card
Views: 2,520
Message 11 of 15

Re: Windows 8 store won't open

I looked into the "refresh your PC" stuff. It says your files will not be affected, but I didn't read enough to determine if any installed programs would need to be reinstalled. If that wouldn't be too much of a burden on you, give it a shot. It's about your only choice at this point, as far as I can determine.

jsvialenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,135
Message 12 of 15

The indication that the Microsoft solution was the answer to the stalling of Windows 8 Store on the Lenovo IdeaPad took some time and looking at other possible solutions. This path lead me to accept the idea that Microsoft had a real solution to the problem. The first two steps did nothing. The third step, clearing the cache AND REBOOTING, did resume the operation of Windows 8 Store on the IdeaPad. 

As a side note, it is interesting that typing the word 'store' in the search field of the Lenovo Forum lead me down this path. 

psobey
What's DOS?
Views: 1,853
Message 13 of 15

I have a Lenovo E531 and I have tried all the suggestions offered here for getting the store to work and have had no success. My current feeling is that Windows 8 is a load of crap and I would like to go back to Windows 7.

Can Lenovo identify what the problem is and give a procedure to fix it?

burgoyn1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,742
Message 14 of 15

I posted this on another forum, for some people it works and others it does not. Just spreading the fix around.
  1. Open cmd in administrator
  2. Run the following command without quotes and remove the space between Env: and System: "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env: SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml"
It will take about a min to do its stuff, but it will make the store start to work. Some people this does not work and just throws them errors of corrupt files.
Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 641
Message 15 of 15

just run the wsreset.exe if this fails, try booting to safemode or try opening command prompt with admin previledge and run sfc/scannow , and still if ever ms store and apps dont work, start backing up your data and refresh your computer 

Dont fake the funk............

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors