Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wahad
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 686
Message 1 of 4

Windows Live Messenger 2011 problem - y560

I have y560 with switchable graphic card. I'm using intel/amd display drivers from lenovo site, and upgraded to 10.11 leschat (i think) drivers, even so i tried with both drivers, with like 3-4 package of them and the problem stays the same.

Lets get to the problem. WLM 2011 window just wont stop flickering. When Im trying to login or if i want to choose someone from friends list, everything flickers, every white colour, every header of the window, every bottom. I just cant use it. I was looking on the web and i find it is driver related but noone is having problems with new driver, and intel driver in lenovo package is practicly new and im using even newer drivers. I tried disabling hardware acceleration from internet explorer (cause they use same protocol and some other stuff) and nothing helped. I rolled back drivers and tried even with ATI officials withoug switchable support and nothing. Problem stays the same all the time. I just cant use it.

I know that WLM 2011 is not crucial thing to have on laptop, but eventually eveyone will have to upgrade to it because ms is slowly killing support for older version of msn or wlm. And yes, its just annoying to the bone.

Any help?

leshcat
Token Ring
Views: 651
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows Live Messenger 2011 problem - y560

flickring will persist no matter what driver or operating system you will use but for now onlu on grey and dark colours. Lenovo's fault. No fix.

About msn..this is something new. Everything is fine to me. Probably you did it already, but - try to reinstall MSN.

Wahad
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 613
Message 3 of 4

ok i know about flickering on grey colour but this is all new. Im not the only one who's having problem with this and it really sucks, no word from the ms about this.

Btw tried everything, clean installation, installation after reset, upgrade, and nothing works
MrGlister
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 597
Message 4 of 4

Hey, I also get a similar problem to yours.  When I have WLM already booted, then switch graphics, my WLM would turn all white or black.  Only way to fix is to reboot WLM.  Also noticed if I have intel switched on that it won't boot at all.  I think it might be a WLM issue not lenovo.  But even if it is Lenovo, what do ya expect them to do *shrugs*

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors