Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZarniWin
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 1 of 8

Windows XP on Y400

Is it possible? I m a big fan of windows xp and its speed. Is it possible to get drivers?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 430
Message 2 of 8

Re: Windows XP on Y400

Hi
In my personal opinion, i dont advice you to do so. You would have to install everything from scratch and might also would have to remove everything from the hard drive. And most importantly, there are no windows xp driver on the driver page
http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS033346
Just my two cents
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
mscottie
Token Ring
Views: 398
Message 3 of 8

Moderator Note: Post edited per forum rules. ZarniWin, can you please update us if you get this going and how it works for you.  Of course you know you have to start from scratch or use a different hard drive so no need to mention it.  With all the XP drivers out there for the chipset and rest of the hardware in these systems it should not be a problem to get this working from my experiance.  Just because Lenovo doesn't post them, it just means they didn't ship that OS on this system.  

I just haven't got to it on my Y500 yet to prove it can work because I was using it to get use to Windows 8.  I hate that OS so definately going back to XP or Windows 7 soon.

Thanks!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 390
Message 4 of 8

@mscottie wrote:

Moderator Note: Post edited per forum rules. ZarniWin, can you please update us if you get this going and how it works for you.  Of course you know you have to start from scratch or use a different hard drive so no need to mention it.  With all the XP drivers out there for the chipset and rest of the hardware in these systems it should not be a problem to get this working from my experiance.  Just because Lenovo doesn't post them, it just means they didn't ship that OS on this system.  

I just haven't got to it on my Y500 yet to prove it can work because I was using it to get use to Windows 8.  I hate that OS so definately going back to XP or Windows 7 soon.

Thanks!

Before writing all this, did you read the first line in my post which stated--"In my personal opinion"?

It may be worthless to mention something obvious but do you know  if the op know's about the same? If you think you are a pro, then dont expect everybody to be a pro.

And btw, what do you mean by --"With all the XP drivers out there for the chipset and rest of the hardware in these systems it should not be a problem"  ?

If you ever had a look at the driver page, there are no drivers for windows XP

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS033346

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 364
Message 5 of 8

Hey, guys, let's be respectful of the opinions of others.  Everyone is trying to help here. Thanks.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 356
Message 6 of 8

@ZarniWin wrote:

Is it possible? I m a big fan of windows xp and its speed. Is it possible to get drivers?

It might not be possible to obtain drivers. You're right in asking the question. It could be the greatest obstacle that one has to overcome if xp is to be installed.

BTW, support for xp by Microsoft is near its end, if you didn't hear the news, so why install it in this laptop?

mscottie
Token Ring
Views: 335
Message 7 of 8

I apologize ishaan for my unhelpful comments, it was uncalled for. Thanks Mod for keeping me humble.

ZarniWin, i'll post links to all of the XP drivers that I get working on my Y500 when I do this in the next week or two. I'll tell you what I find out.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 318
Message 8 of 8

@mscottie
It's okay

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors