Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Wireless Not Working On Z570 When SATA Mode Controller Set To ** COMPATABLE **

[ Edited ]

I set SATA Mode Controller To ** Compatable ** , And installed Windows 7 but wireless NOT WORKING

My BIOS Ver. Is: 45CN38WW

The only to make it work I RESET THE BIOS TO DEFAULT and set SATA Mode Controller AGAIN !!!!! To ** Compatable ** and start my Windows BUT, After my first restart the Problem COME AGAIN

Please HELP ME

I Attached Print Screen for Device Manager

Image Link: http://oi42.tinypic.com/2vaxs91.jpg

And Network Connection

Image Link: http://oi43.tinypic.com/10rradk.jpg

I Think that problem with AHCI and Compatable

Note (May Help You) : (It's My Personal Test)

I use AHCI and install Windows 7 the wireless work always correctly

Moderator Note: oversized images converted to links per forum rules: Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Wireless Not Working On Z570 When SATA Mode Controller Set To ** COMPATABLE **

Hello and welcome,

That is very strange.

I'm curious: why are you installing and running in compatibility mode?  Why not just run in AHCI mode.  You can enable the correct driver without reinstalling. 

Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA m...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: Wireless Not Working On Z570 When SATA Mode Controller Set To ** COMPATABLE **

First: Thank you

Second:

The reason that make me SATA Mode to Compatible : When SATA Mode set to AHCI and I Partation my HDD by Windows 7 DVD I Found Strange Partation ** Unallocated Partition with 0 MB BEFORE Every partition** , and i didn't know what is it so I Changed it to Compatible.

Do You Know anything about this unallocated partitions ... IS It USEFUL OR What ????

Third:

When I run on Windows Xp

My Dedicated VGA Memory is ** 256 MB ** , But On Windows 7 My Dedicated VGA is ** 64 MB **

I Don't NO WHY ???????

Thank You Again

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Sorry, I can't answer any of those questions Smiley Sad

If you change to AHCI mode - as in that link I posted - do you still see the weird partitions?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

No I don't see it cause i partitioned my HDD in Compatible Mode

And after using your tool everything BE OK (Wireless Work Good) Smiley Happy

But I Now Ask About VGA Card

On Windows XP it's Dedicated Memory 256 MB

But, On Windows 7 it's Dedicated Memory 64 MB Abd Share1238 Then Total Be 1302 MB

And Although this The Same Games ( Like Pro 2012 ) Run On Windows Xp in High Resolution But On Windows 7 don't RUN !!!! (I know Why becauce it need Dedicated More Equa Or More Than 256 MB )

I Ask About The Defferance Between Dedicated Memory On XP & 7

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Sorry, I still see the weird partitions

look at this Attached PicHDD.jpg

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

it's because you partitioned the volumes and you couldn't do it properly.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com