Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techierik
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,597
Message 1 of 1

Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580

Hi,

I have had problems with my wireless network card since I purchased my Lenovo Ideapad Z580. The wireless card would suddenly stop working, but would restore itself after a few hours. Last week 

suddenly in the middle of my session, my laptop suddenly could no longer connect to wifi. On restarting I realized the wireless network card wasn't working. In fact, the OS does not even realize that the laptop has a wireless network card. It can still recognize the ethernet card and bluetooth.

Here is what I did:

1. Went to Device Manager --> Network Adapters. I could not find the wireless adapter listed there. The following were listed: Bluetooth Device (PAN), Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM), Realtek PCIe FE.
  2. I changed the settings to view hidden items. I can see the wireless adapter (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2200). There were a few other adapters that are hidden as well, viz.: Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2, Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2.
  3. I tried right clicking and uninstalling Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter. It disappeared from Device Manager.
  4. When I restarted my machine, I could no longer find Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter even after showing hidden items.
  5. I went to Lenovo support site, downloaded and installed the latest wireless network adapter driver. But no change in status.
  6. When I pull up properties for the Intel Centrino Wireless N 2200, in the Device Status it states "Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer".
  7. Driver tab in properties shows Driver Date: 11/17/2014, Driver version: 15.12.0.8
  8. Performing a clean boot does not resolve the problem. 

Given steps 3 & 4 above, I do not know if I should proceed with uninstalling the wireless adapter. Please advise.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors