Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Torex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,580
Message 1 of 10

Y-570 Blue Screen with Nvidia drivers

Hello,

i purchased this notebook and found the really big problem.Sometimes,when i playing games or watching videos my system is crashing with BSOD and after restart my Nvidia videocard doesnt working and gpu switch is always White(on),and i cant see my Nvidia GPU in device manager.

After some reboots its works again and this crash will appear again in few days.

I installed all updated drivers from Lenovo.com.

Version of my Bios is 2.05

Today i installed Nvidia beta-drivers 285.38 but it not helped,after installing i started SC2 and again crash.

What should i do?

Torex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,545
Message 2 of 10

Re: Y-570 Blue Screen with Nvidia drivers

Is that forum dead?

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,542
Message 3 of 10

Not at all. Unfortunately someone with the same system as you, and possibly experiencing the same problem hasn't seen your post in the 3 hours 10 minutes between your posts and the 1 hour 50 minutes between your last post and this one.

It's a forum, regrettably somtimes it takes a little time as nobody can be online all the time and added to that forum traffic is usually slower on a Friday and at weekends.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

francismc3423
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,476
Message 4 of 10

Mine had the same problem.  I got the Y570 on Friday (9-30-11) and it blue screened that night.  Then it didn't recognize the video card so I uninstalled it in safe mode and re-installed the latest nvidia drivers from the lenovo site.  Then another blue screen.  Did a one touch restore and re-installed drivers with another blue screen.  Then I tried the latest friver from the nvidia site.  All with the same BSOD result.  I called Lenovo on Sunday (10-2-11) and they promptly sent a fed ex barcode and I sent it in on Monday (10-3-11).  They told me I would have it back within seven days of them receiving it. 

I got notification that they received it yesterday (10-5-11).  I will post again with when I get the laptop back.  So far Lenovo has fast courteous service and I know that 100% of computers out of production can't be perfect.  I just hope mine comes back perfect.

Torex
Paper Tape
Views: 1,471
Message 5 of 10

I just returned that notebook back and bought from Asus.
The best decision imo.
francismc3423
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,449
Message 6 of 10

Got a text today saying that my computer has been shipped.  I am really hoping they fixed the BSOD Nvidia problem.  We shall see.

Gang
What's DOS?
Views: 1,404
Message 7 of 10

Hello
I have the same problem, did you found any solution? Or the only way to fix is the service center? Maybe there is fix for drivers?
Gang
What's DOS?
Views: 1,388
Message 8 of 10

Hello, did you received your laptop? And how it works?
I don't knojw what to do - go to the service center or wait for software or driver update?
francismc3423
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,359
Message 9 of 10

Got the computer on 10-11-11.  They put a new image on and it has been working since I got it with no blue screens.  I wish they could have just sent me the image on disks but oh well.  Overall I would say the warranty service was a success.  

ksteven813
Punch Card
Views: 960
Message 10 of 10

Hey, I got this computer Thursday night and am already  having the exact same issue just a day later. Has anyone found a fix for it yet or am I going to need to send it in and hope they "fix" it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors