Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jauntao
What's DOS?
Views: 256
Message 1 of 4

Y40-70 performance drops when unplugged

Hi,

My laptops performance drops significantly when on battery power, I made sure it is on high performance settings and using the gpu. I also checked the advanced battery setting and set everything to maximize performance when on high performance. Is there anything else I can do or is this normal? I'm currently getting 8 fps unplugged when playing XCOM enemy within and 24-30fps on ac power.

Thanks in advance

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 234
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y40-70 performance drops when unplugged

It is normal that the unit will throttle down when in battery mode. And you don't play games in battery mode. If you want to pursue further with your present condition try playing with the processor state values in the power option.

Jauntao
What's DOS?
Views: 226
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response, what do you mean by processor state values? I thought that keeping my battery charger plugged in would shorten the battery life overall so I avoided keeping it plugged in. Is that not an issue? I actually had to send my laptop in before for service because the battery life became really bad and had to be replaced. I think it was a common issue with other y40 owners. I don't have a warranty on the laptop anymore so I wanted to keep the battery in as good as condition as I could.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 221
Message 4 of 4

Open Advance power settings. Under Processor Power management you should see minimum and maximum processor state values.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors