Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmniApex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 979
Message 1 of 3

Y40-80 GPU throttling

I have had this issue since day one and I have pinpointed the issue. The r9 m275 in the Y40-80 performs under full performace up to 75C. Once it hits this temp it immediately down clocks fromm 925/1000 to 300/300. 75C is FARRR to low for the GPU to begin termal throttling. Lenovo needs to address this issue with anupdate if possible.

OmniApex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 755
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y40-80 GPU throttling

So after ALL my research and calls. There is no one that can solve this GPU issue FPS. I just beleive Lenovo wanted this laptopup for a quick buck my budget buyers. I thank them tho, for it will be the last time I buy a AMD powered GPU laptop. And based and the complaints of heard from other users, even the Y series owners LENOVO YOU ARE DISCEPTIVE AND MISLEADING, If I had the time and resources I'd sue for false marketing. But I think it's much easer to not recommend your machines. You are a disgrace to the legacy of IBM, those were the most reliable laptops in terms of perfomance and durability. Now you have taken that standard and has reduce quality to to gain quantity for monetary gains. YOUR REPRETATION SUCKS as it is already, there is nothing desiarsble about you except that your stuff are cheap, cheap and misleading. I dunno if it is because you slapped on a ddr3 instead of the standard gddr5 gpu memory or because you implemented a poor thermal design. ALl I know is I don't see why my GPu should throttle and it's no where close to TDP/Tj.  How can I be playing a game and the FPS jumps from 30 to 10 evey 5 seconds. Why is it that in others it plays fine @30fps for 5 mins then give a fps of 5?

TO every one else this laptop is without remedy, this isn't something that can be fixed by mere software fixes, this is just lazy design overall. There is something that is causing this machine to throttle and Lenvo is just gonna ignore it since these new y700 are out. Andd even those have issue of you own. I would recommmend looking for bad reviews rather than good when buying something again, more so if lenovo. I'm DONE, buying an ASUS K series next

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2vqehv/the_lenovo_y4080_is_a_horrific_disappointment/

binchunsu
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y40-80 GPU throttling

Has anyone found a way to fix this yet???

Top Kudoed Authors