Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenH
Paper Tape
Views: 222
Message 1 of 2

Y40 Wireless doesn't work

Hi Everyone!!

Many thanks to view this forum. I am very appreciated if I can find  an aswer from here. Here is my problem:

My Levono model is Y40-70 and suddently wirless doesn't work. First I can see the yellow triangle, then I would like to restart (Turn on airplane mode and turn off). After that, my wirless connection completely gone.

My wirless adpater is AC 3160

Here is what I have tried:

Restart couples times... 

1. I checked device mangement and it the wirless adpater card has gone. I tired scan from hardwares, but still no luck. Then I check hide device, you know what, I found the device with gray. I try to updated and successful, but it doesnt work(Still gray) and I click inside and shown (Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer. Of course I can't click enable the device as well.

The next thing I did, I try to uninstalled and reinstall, but once I uninstalled it, it has totally gone.

2. I download the driver from intel, the driver also included "Intel proset/ wireless tools)  but when I run the diagnostic and shown. "wireless hardware not bound to transport driver" .

3. I check BIOS, the wirless adpater is enable.

4. I heard somebody said battery probelm, yes when the wireless down, it is low battery. But it is fully charged now and still doesnt work.

Now I am connecting with cable and completly fine

I would like to know if there is my adpter die or something software or setting probelms.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!!!

THANKS!!!!!!

DarrenH
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wireless doesn't wotk

Also the AC 3160 is wifi + Bluetooth. Of course the Bluetooth doesnt work neither... and gray in device management

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors