Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emissary3
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 1 of 2

Y40 open lid won't trun on laptop after fresh Win8 Iinstall

Hi all,

I just bought an Lenovo Y40-80 and did a fresh install of Windows 8.1.

So far everything seems to be working correctly after the reinstall, except that when I open the laptop lid, the computer doesn't turn on and I have to hit the power button to get it to respond. It almost acts like it has gone into a hybrid shutdown. I've checked the power management settings for the close lid properties and they are all set to Sleep. Is there some software that needs to be installed that I missed? Anything else that could cause this behavior?

Thanks!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 311
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y40 open lid won't trun on laptop after fresh Win8 Iinstall

Hi Emissary3,

Welcome to the Forums

As per the query we understood that you facing issue with power setting in your Lenovo Y40 laptop.

Right click on the battery symbol in the task bar, select power option, under power saver option select change plan settings, under this again select change advanced power setting option.

Under advance setting select sleep option and select allow wake timers check if the on battery and and plugged are enabled, if not please enable and select apply and check if the laptop lid is closed and open does it power on.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors