Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 645
Message 11 of 24

Re: Y400 100% disk, freezes

Try doing the repair for windows update. Go to Control Panel/System and Security/Action Center/Troubleshooting/ under System and Security click Fix problems with Windows Update.

Then in an elevated command prompt check again by running: sfc /scannow.

jay_rab
Token Ring
Views: 637
Message 12 of 24

@LenBlazer wrote:

Try doing the repair for windows update. Go to Control Panel/System and Security/Action Center/Troubleshooting/ under System and Security click Fix problems with Windows Update.

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log"

I went ahead and checked the log and its fairly long even when only including todays logs, do you want me to add the details or is there something I should be looking for.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 624
Message 13 of 24

@jay_rab wrote:

@LenBlazer wrote:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log"

I went ahead and checked the log and its fairly long even when only including todays logs, do you want me to add the details or is there something I should be looking for.

No. Just repeat this command: Run in elevated command prompt (w/o quotation mark) "sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth". Note: you should be connected to the internet while performing the command.

It should repair the corrupt files.

Highlighted
jay_rab
Token Ring
Views: 618
Message 14 of 24

@LenBlazer wrote:

@jay_rab wrote:

@LenBlazer wrote:

No. Just repeat this command: Run in elevated command prompt (w/o quotation mark) "sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth". Note: you should be connected to the internet while performing the command.

sfc completed this time but still gave me a "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log" dism operation completed successfully.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 613
Message 15 of 24

@jay_rab wrote:

@LenBlazer wrote:

@jay_rab wrote:

@LenBlazer wrote:

sfc completed this time but still gave me a "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log" dism operation completed successfully.

Yes that was expected of sfc/scannow but with the dism command the corrupt files now are repaired. You can check by running sfc /scannow alone in an elevated command. This time you won't get the error message. Note: there is no need to be connected to the internet while running sfc /scannow.

jay_rab
Token Ring
Views: 610
Message 16 of 24

@LenBlazer wrote:

@jay_rab wrote:

@LenBlazer wrote:

@jay_rab wrote:

@LenBlazer wrote:

Yes that was expected of sfc/scannow but with the dism command the corrupt files now are repaired. You can check by running sfc /scannow alone in an elevated command. This time you won't get the error message. Note: there is no need to be connected to the internet while running sfc /scannow.

Still getting the same message from sfc, tried opening up a program and 100% disk right off the bat and the whole computer froze.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 606
Message 17 of 24

Looks like you might have a virus running which returns the repaired files back to the corrupted condition. What virus scanner are you using now?

jay_rab
Token Ring
Views: 601
Message 18 of 24

Windows Defender currently, I also have spybot search and destory, malwarebytes, and avg that I have run off and on during these issues but nothing has popped up other then tracking cookies.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 596
Message 19 of 24

Try to remove those programs except for Windows Defender. Update Windows Defender. Then do a fullscan not a quick scan.

jay_rab
Token Ring
Views: 585
Message 20 of 24

Did a full scan, just finished now, it didnt give me any results just went back to the home tab and updated the pc status to protected and the scan date to today, going to the history tab also doesnt show any quarantined items, allowed items, or all detected items which I find to be odd. Win Defender hijacked or normal?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors