Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenBlazer
Not applicable
Views: 880
Message 21 of 24

Re: Y400 100% disk, freezes

@jay_rab wrote:

Did a full scan, just finished now, it didnt give me any results just went back to the home tab and updated the pc status to protected and the scan date to today, going to the history tab also doesnt show any quarantined items, allowed items, or all detected items which I find to be odd. Win Defender hijacked or normal?

That is not normal. Yeah it could be your unit is being hijack. Why don't you post in the Security and Malware forum? I'm sure the people there can help you out. You must eliminate this problem first before tackling the 100% disk activity.

Thepinch
Not applicable
Views: 797
Message 22 of 24

Ok, so I am tech and this started happening to me, first did a Crystal disk check and everything came out fne disk health was perfect, so it's a system file issue, did the SFC and DISM, no help but they were sucessful.Backed up everythng, not as a image, just files.clean install with a OEM copy of 8 X64.Problem came right back, so did some root scans all clean just to make sure, no hidden partion or  anything out of the ordinary.I removed ram and swapped it out with other DDR 3 sticks , no avail, problem came back.I used a external jump drive to extend virtual RAM, same result.I swapped the HDD problem solved, so it's a failing drive, a drive can be failing for years and not completely fail, go to a hybrid setup of full SSD or even just get a cheap new HDD

Hope this helps, if you haven't already figure it out

If you did other step to resolve this issue id be curious to hear it.

Y400 i-7 3630QM 16gigs ram gt750m 

jay_rab
Not applicable
Views: 783
Message 23 of 24

@Thepinch wrote:

Ok, so I am tech and this started happening to me, first did a Crystal disk check and everything came out fne disk health was perfect, so it's a system file issue, did the SFC and DISM, no help but they were sucessful.Backed up everythng, not as a image, just files.clean install with a OEM copy of 8 X64.Problem came right back, so did some root scans all clean just to make sure, no hidden partion or  anything out of the ordinary.I removed ram and swapped it out with other DDR 3 sticks , no avail, problem came back.I used a external jump drive to extend virtual RAM, same result.I swapped the HDD problem solved, so it's a failing drive, a drive can be failing for years and not completely fail, go to a hybrid setup of full SSD or even just get a cheap new HDD

Hope this helps, if you haven't already figure it out

If you did other step to resolve this issue id be curious to hear it.

Y400 i-7 3630QM 16gigs ram gt750m 

After all the scans showing nothing and doing a clean install to windows 10 with the problem persisting I kinda assumed it was the hdd failing specially once I knew everytime that i ran the sfc and it came back saying it couldnt repair each time.

I have backed everything up and currently just waiting for it to completely fail before having to replace it, whats been keeping me going so far is I have a list of programs and processes now that are in the problem section and I have been getting by with disabling them or not accessing them and not deleting them so they dont get replaced with things that are actually critical to me.

temps are not helping much ether, everything is in the red.

Highlighted
jay_rab
Not applicable
Views: 725
Message 24 of 24

Just As a heads up for everyone here I ended up making a clone of my harddrive and replaced the old one with it and I confirm without a doubt that was the issue, I am no longer getting any spikes and the issue with the chkdisk never repairing has been fixed as well by moving to this new harddrive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors