Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klutch
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 1 of 4

Y400 Crashes when moved

Hi, I recently bought a Y400 laptop, and whenever I move the laptop long distances (like to work, or a cafe) in my laptop bag it turns off and the computer restarts each time I open the lid.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 312
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y400 Crashes when moved

hi Klutch,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

When you put away the laptop and move it to your laptop bag, do you completely turn the computer off? If you did and the PC restarts when you turn it ON, try to disable hybrid shutdown and observe the PC.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Klutch
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for the response.

I don't turn the laptop off when i put it away in my bag, I just close the lid, so I can hopefully resume my work again when I open it. When I open the lid however, the computer turns off instead of coming back from sleep. I check the computer before I open it and it is sleeping, but when i open it, it turns off.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 258
Message 4 of 4

hi Klutch,

Can you enable Hybrid Sleep under the the power settings.

hybridsleep2.jpg

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors