Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
daggerNC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 960
Message 1 of 2

Y400 Windows 7 64bit Downgrade guide needed please

Ordered two of these Y400s for work and received last day of December. Had our IT shop downgrade them to Win7 Pro per corporate standards. However, they had a number of issues and I had to correct most of them. I will be doing a full reinstall on one of them and I can't quite find a good how-to guide for the Y400 model with the 16G mSSD drive option.  I need to get the setup of the 16G mSSD correct so that it is used as fast caching (not working in both laptops currently) - I see similar guides on other Lenovo laptops but most are also for a larger mSSD which can hold the full OS.  Also, I've got most device drivers working but for one (shown in Device Manager properties as "APCI\VPC2004" Unknown device.  It may be a need for Lenovo's Power Management software, but not sure.  If anyone has a complete list of Win7 64bit drivers for the Y400 that would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 924
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y400 Windows 7 64bit Downgrade guide needed please

hi there,

the driver/software you'll need is power/energy management as you said. and you can download the drivers from support.lenovo.com

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors