Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allensth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,245
Message 1 of 2

Y400 bluetooth not working on Window 8 Pro

Hi

My newly bought Ideapad Y400 is not working on my WIn 8 Pro. I've tried reinstall the window and applied all the drivers downloaded from the support.lenovo.com but somehow my bluetooth still not working. It can't detect all my bluetooth device and when I turn it off, It is unable to turn on again. Need soem advice here. Thanks

lenovowner2000
What's DOS?
Views: 937
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y400 bluetooth not working on Window 8 Pro

Okay I looked long and hard for this and couldn't find an answer anywhere online, so here it is to save everybody some time. Unlike in standard Win8/8.1 workflow, the Atheros bluetooth driver provided by Lenovo doesn't link into the Windows native connection management. Instead, it is managed through the service manager.

To get bluetooth working, just download the stuff from the Lenovo site like normal. After the required reboot, you have to manually start the service in the service manager after clicking the option to show inactive services. Then change startup preferences to start it automatically if you like, so that it doesn't go missing every time your system updates and restarts itself.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors