Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delmontei
Paper Tape
Views: 757
Message 1 of 4

Y400 unauthorized battery

So last night I was staying at a friend's house and in the middle of the night I plugged in my laptop and started watching tv. Now ever since I had been at his house my Lenovo insists that my battery is Unauthorized  and the laptop won't charge it. I have done several things to try it work. Removing the battery and putting it back in, Shutting it down. I have looked up ways for this to work and nothing. 

Does anyone know if the battery just quit on me or what..?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 737
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y400 unauthorized battery

@delmontei wrote:

So last night I was staying at a friend's house and in the middle of the night I plugged in my laptop and started watching tv. Now ever since I had been at his house my Lenovo insists that my battery is Unauthorized  and the laptop won't charge it. I have done several things to try it work. Removing the battery and putting it back in, Shutting it down. I have looked up ways for this to work and nothing. 

Does anyone know if the battery just quit on me or what..?

If you go back to your own house, does the laptop show the same message?

delmontei
Paper Tape
Views: 723
Message 3 of 4

Yes, ever since I was at his house now my battery doesn't seem to be recognized anymore

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 710
Message 4 of 4

@delmontei wrote:

Yes, ever since I was at his house now my battery doesn't seem to be recognized anymore

If you have a copy of the hardware maintenance manual copy the part number and other info of the battery and shut down the unit. Remove the battery and try to compare the numbers if there are differences. If they are, I think the best option is to call techsupport for a possible repair of the laptop (if it is still under warrantee).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors