Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DapDunkerley
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,988
Message 1 of 4

Y400 wifi issues

My Y400 will keep dropping the wifi and not allowing me to reconnect without restarting the computer first. It happens about once every 4 hours. Anyone else having similar problems and any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,

Dave

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,945
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y400 wifi issues

hi DapDunkerley,

Can you try to:

1. Update your wireless card driver via the lenovo support site

2. Check If you have a Realtek RTL8723A wireless adapter under the Device Manager and apply this fix as it similar to your issue.

3. Open a command prompt, type ping -t www.google.com. If you get a "request timed out", check this article.

If the wifi still disconnects, try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and check if the issue persists.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Klutch
Paper Tape
Views: 2,224
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I have a similar issue where sometimes when I wake my laptop (Y400) from sleep, it will say "limited connection, unable to connect" with a yellow hazard sign on the wifi icon. I have to then disable my wireless adapter than enable it for my internet to work again, and sometimes I will have to reboot all together. The wireless adapter in my laptop is the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 for which I have checked the support site for updates, but to no avail.

The router is a D-link WBR-2310 with WEP security. No other device on the network has similar problems.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

lrhillier
What's DOS?
Views: 2,183
Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem. when I was doing some research on this comp before i bought it direct from lenovo. i knew the wifi card had issues. So I thought to myself, no biggie, ill just swap the little bugger out with a bigger,stronger,faster wifi card... after some more research. after I already had the y400 in my hands. i come to find that. only a wifi card with some sorta FRU number on it will work. and im not saying they dont sell them, but i cant seem to find any. having that said. when i bought this computer, it was on sale for close to half off. so ive been thinking it was a lenovo flop that they were trying to push, only to find out thatbit had a SUCKER inside called a wifi card. and with little to no way of fixing it. well I hope somebody on the lenovo site will make me feel likeva stupid ass and point to a simple solution. what I want is a better wifi card. Ill settle with a driver for the one that I got.

thank you all for your time... thats if anybody at lenovo cares

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors