Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yayitsrobby
Paper Tape
Views: 1,010
Message 1 of 6

Y400 wifi issues

My laptop very frequently drops the Wifi connection and then has a difficult time reconnecting to the wifi and sometimes doesn't at all. Either this happens or it has a hard time connecting to wifi to begin with. 

somebody help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,004
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y400 wifi issues

Hello and welcome,

How about a little more information?

Router/access point make and model (just in case it matters), wifi mode: n or g, if n mode, operating band: 2.4 or 5GHz, security protocol: WPA, WPA2, etc.

Do other wifi clients work correctly with the same router/AP?  Anything in particular going on when the connection drops?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

yayitsrobby
Paper Tape
Views: 1,001
Message 3 of 6

it is a university network.
secruity type: WPA2-Enterprise
encryption type: AES
network authentication method: Microsoft: protected EAP

i don't really know anything about the router because it's a university network but my previous computer, an ideapad y460, never had any trouble connecting or ended up dropping the inet this often
Former Employee
Views: 962
Message 4 of 6

Hi yayitsrobby,

thanks for posting. I assuming your machine is loaded with WIN8, I was just wondering what if you're connected to other network such home or wifi hot spots at cafe or anything else, do you still face the same drops?

DO let me know
yayitsrobby
Paper Tape
Views: 907
Message 5 of 6

uhh i've been on a cafe's internet for about an hour or so now with no drops but i don't remember exactly if its a problem on non-university networks...

is this an issue with the university network then?
Former Employee
Views: 787
Message 6 of 6

Hi yayitsrobby,

Thanks for posting back. Its hard to say if its the Uni network or not but it is a possibility. however After checkiing up on your case, you may want to consider to try the following.

To do this please follow the steps below.

> Go to "Control Panel"
> Click on "Power Options"
> Click on "Change plan Settings" (Located on the Right)
> Click on "Change advance settings" (located at the bottom left)
> A new window should appear and find "Wireless Adapter" > "Power saving mode"
> Change the settings for "On battery" and "Plugged in" to Maximum performance.

Another thing I was wondering if this happens on AC or on battery only.

Hope to hear back.

regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors