Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaixD
What's DOS?
Views: 374
Message 1 of 2

Y400 wont start up [HELP]

My Y400 wont boot up. When I press the power button, the screen just remain black. Fan is running but just black screen. After a few tries it starts up. What can I do? Last few months when my laptop had this problem too, but is still under warranty, my local Lenovo service center told me that my motherboard was faulty. They exchanged it. Now the same problem happen again. Now Im scared of powering off my laptop. Is there any solution for this?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 359
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y400 wont start up [HELP]

@RaixD wrote:

My Y400 wont boot up. When I press the power button, the screen just remain black. Fan is running but just black screen. After a few tries it starts up. What can I do? Last few months when my laptop had this problem too, but is still under warranty, my local Lenovo service center told me that my motherboard was faulty. They exchanged it. Now the same problem happen again. Now Im scared of powering off my laptop. Is there any solution for this?

If the problem is the same (hardware) then there is nothing we can do but to replace again the mb. However, let's hope it is different this time and you can try running in command prompt under administrator's right: sfc /scannow. This will check for a corrupted system files.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors