Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chaz
What's DOS?
Views: 3,073
Message 1 of 5

Y410 External Monitor Flicker w/ AC

External out using VGA and my Acer AL2216W shows flickering especially when there's movement on the screen (animation/video running). By flickering I mean thin lines running across the screen. Not thick enough to be a hindrance but very noticeable especially in videos.

I originally thought it was the VGA out's fault. Turns out this only happens when I'm plugged into the AC. When I'm running off the battery there's no flicker. This happens no matter which wall outlet I use or surge protector.

Changing power adapters with my room mate's didn't help either (he has the same model). Seems it's the power unit inside the laptop?
Chaz
What's DOS?
Views: 3,020
Message 2 of 5

Re: Y410 External Monitor Flicker w/ AC

*Where's that edit button*...

The problem occurs on my room mate's Y410 as well.

I'm guessing it's due to improper shielding inside the laptop.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this something that Lenovo guarantees an easy fix for if I shipped it in aka is Lenovo aware of this problem?  Reason I ask is because this is my sole computer (no desktop). So I will be without a computer if I get this RMAed.
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,017
Message 3 of 5

Chaz wrote:
*Where's that edit button*...

Welcome to the forum!

It's in the Options menu in the right corner of the message.

Message Edited by nonny on 03-05-2008 08:38 PM

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

tuesday
Paper Tape
Views: 2,341
Message 4 of 5

Hi.

Did you find something new about it? What is the reason and is there some fix for that?

Thanks..

nnordstrom
What's DOS?
Views: 2,101
Message 5 of 5

I'm so glad I found this thread! I have looked all over the internet finding nothing.

Exact same problem here.

I tried what you said (unpluging the power cord from my laptop) and my new dell E2209W looks perfect! My monitor works fine with other computers/laptops. But with my laptop it has those fuzzy/wavy horizontal lines that keep flickering making my monitor unusable at this point.

My Lenovo Y410 is my main computer so I need to have it plugged in a lot of the time.

I hope somebody can find a solution! Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors