Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hood2014
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 11 of 15

Re: Y410P battery not charging

Yes correct, and I already swap battery and AC charger and everything is ok.

Last night I'd installed Ubuntu and work with them until this morning, I leave drain the battery until the end, and when I pressed the on button the red/orange led blink every time... but when I connect the ac charger... nothing... the same issue...

It is very weird and Im lost with this behavior... I dont know what more to do or try... must be a solution for this, I cant believe it. I saw different post with this issue since Jan, Feb from the las year!!

Thank you for your support!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 514
Message 12 of 15

If you avoid draining the battery down to 0% will the laptop charge the battery back up ?  For instance let the battery drain to 10% then plug in the charger / adapter and see if the battery charges back up to full.  

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

hood2014
Fanfold Paper
Views: 508
Message 13 of 15

it didnt work too.

I've finished to close the notebook... I tried another idea that I had, disconnect the connecto from the AC charger to the battery connector.

I left 15 mins disconnected and once again tried, but it didnt work.

I can only charge the battery whe the device is connected to the AC charger and put the battery back... this works turned on or off, but... when is turned on and you disconnect from the charger and put them back to charge, its continue working with battery supply, and if you connect the charger at this moment, and you take out the battery the computer turn off...it doesnt recognize the AC power.

I will continue thinking and trying... there will be a solution...

hood2014
Fanfold Paper
Views: 462
Message 14 of 15

Hi everybody...

Sadly I have to tell you that the only way to fix this bug is changing the motherboard.

I can't believe that the the first Laptop factory of the world as is it Lenovo couldn't fix this issue with a new firmware or something,

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: DON'T USE THE BATTERY GAUGE RESET!!!!

I'm working in South America right now, I had to sent it back to US (100 bucks), and wait until a friend of my to bring it back to where I am...

The notebook is working fine, but let me tell you something... the tiny plastic (or dummy card as they call it), is just the dust cover of the SD memory at the front side of the device... never came back with the laptop. Today I called them and they told me that is not a problem, but they need the computer to put the "dummy card"... I mean, for an error (once again) from Lenovo I have to pay again 100 bucks to send the laptop back just for a plastic card... crazy isn't?

Right now, I cross my fingers... I hope everything will work fine...

Cheers.

Nbd_Bdp
Paper Tape
Views: 144
Message 15 of 15

Wow! So Lenovo installed a proprietary software which screws up my laptop and wouldn't fix it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors