Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

05-08-2017

Indonesia

26 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 1 of 6

Y410P screen stays black for a long time after turned on

2017-05-08, 13:23 PM

I owodified Y410p which started malfunctioning roughly about 2 months ago. First it took progressively longer time for Lenovo logo to show up. First 3 minutes, then 5, yesterday 15, and today 40 minutes have passed and the screen remains black. Once it gets to Lenovo, everything is okay.

When the power button is pushed, everything starts bormally. Keyboard light on , fan on, the laptop deels warm, and even the CD unit can be opened and closed - but the screen won't immediately load.

Options

9 Posts

05-08-2017

Indonesia

26 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Y410P screen stays black for a long time after turned on

2017-05-08, 13:35 PM

(So hard to use the forums for smartphone **bleep**)

Continuation of above: I have tried some simple solutions like power button 20 seconds or Shift-F8 and none works. Some say that Windows 10 might be the problem but I've installed mine for 2 yrars and no problem has arised about it.

I hope someone could suggest me something before ai have to bring it to the service centre (if I must). Thanks.

Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Views: 749810
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-05-08, 18:25 PM

Hi hrngr1m , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Having the same issue without the harddrive would confirm issue with POST (power on self test) as the Lenovo screen finalize the process. In this event , the graphic chip would be generating ideal display to complete post.

If same issue happens without the harddrive, we can then isolate a non OS related issue and apply reapplication of thermal paste , check thermal assemblies like the fan and ensuring ventilation is not obstructed. 

Service technician would be able to perform this with their tools and to very if the issue is augmentable by those steps.

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

9 Posts

05-08-2017

Indonesia

26 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2017-05-08, 20:50 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I tried again turning off and on the laptop just to check - TWO WHOOPING HOURS just to reach Lenovo Logo!!! Now I'm too afraid to turn it off until service.

About your suggestion,  you mentioned about thermal problem. Now i'm pretty sure that  wouldn't be the problem, since the laptop is barely hot while runming. A confortable warm but not hot to the point of damaging (and I know because my old Acer had this issue so bad I could toast egg on it barely rumming on maxikum).

I

I'll see what I can do though. Meanwhile, I've tead thst it could be ISRT or BIOS-related issue. What's your take on yhis?

Options

9 Posts

05-08-2017

Indonesia

26 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-05-08, 20:55 PM

It seemed I have accidentally hit on the 'SOLVED' button. Any way to 'unsolve' this? As it is still unresolved.

Mod's Edit: Thread has been now UN-solved.

Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Views: 749810
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-05-09, 21:18 PM

Hi hrngr1m , 

Greetings. 

I would suggest that you take this opportunity to back up all your needed files and create recovery media.

I would usually remove the harddrive , battery and then have a single memory stick to test with the idea of minimizing devices to check during post (power on self test). 

Resetting BIOS to defaults as it was set originally when it was working then save and exit.

Since it would be serviced soon , performing backup maybe the ideal set to take at the moment.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms